What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Maybe i should give spartacus a retry....the break since I've seen the first series might be good. Don't get me wrong, I am all for boobs and blood, but it's all about context and when it's done, or appears to be done, to pull in viewers it get's a little annoying.

Too hard to explain really and it would give too much of the plot away. It's like a dark comedy mystery thing. Made by some of the League of Gentlemen lot, which could sway you one or the other. ;)

If you haven't seen League and you like dark and weird comedy....start with that.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I'm of a similar mind set to be fair. Like when you suddenly get a savage case of random boobs in Game of Thrones that have no actual need of being there. Almost always makes me hit the fast forward button.

Bhe boobs never really had a massive amount of justification at pretty much any point in the series, though the blood did get much better. And the writing did progress as the seasons went on. Whether or not you'd like the last season (for example) is a different matter though, it's not for everyone.

Ah, seen the League of Gentlemen a few times and honestly it just goes over my head. A bit like the Mighty Boosh. I just sit there scratching my head going "...huh?".

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Andy Whitfield. Very sad. Never seen the show. But I liked him in other stuff.

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I don't think I've ever seen Mighty Boosh. It's hard to keep up with everything on UK TV.

Just watched some Mighty Boosh bits on YouTube. I'm sure it's funny if you're about 20 and in your first year at uni.

5. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

The 100. its pretty good.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm going over House MD again as its a favourite and all on Netflix!

Catching up on Walking Dead and CSI Vegas right now.

Flash and SHIELD and Gotham as well..

7. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

House is an amazing series. I think it lost its way every now and again but it has some excellent episodes and acting. It's borderline criminal that Hugh Laurie never won an Emmy :bang:

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Oh, this is killing me! :woo: A month ago I started "Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood" on Netflix. I finished season 4 tonight, and -- and it ends before the show ends! And that's all Netflix has!

What ?!?! :yeleyes: Netflix can't do that! It can't end in the middle of the battle on the "promised day"! No one has faced Father yet! The Armstrong siblings are still battling Sloth, and that girl with the tiny panda is fighting Envy! Netflix can't end it here! :bang: :woo: :bang: :fight3:

-----
    Edit: God bless YouTube! All the missing episodes appear to be there! :love:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Just started watching 'Homeland'.

Wow. Anyone who likes espionage fiction will love it.

10. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Attack on Titan.

Too awesome for words. They are coming out with a movie next year staring Kiko Mizuhara.

[​IMG]

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'll be interested to see how you find it as you get further in. I started getting bored midway through season 1 and packed it in at season 2.

12. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Homeland is a favourite, this current series is really good.

13. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I am ridiculously excited about this. Love AoT.

14. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

Wow!! She is gorgeous!! She is gonna play Mikasa eh?
    Never seen her before and after a quick google check I found out that she also starred on the adaptation of Norwegian Wood!
    If she acts half as good as she looks sign me as a fan! :p

Also guys, between Homeland and Breaking Bad which would you choose?
    No spoilers please, because I haven't finished neither of them.

15. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Grimm
    TMNT 2012 series (probably the most enjoyable one)
    Legend of Korra book 4
    Avatar the Last Airbender (rewatching)

Once I finish any of these Im on the Game of Thrones

16. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

I know my wife has got me the Being Human (UK) box set. I seen the Amazon (UPS) man deliver it. I can't get my hands on it till Christmas, missed season 4 & 5. Can't wait to watch through it all.

Baza

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  17. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Now that the third season of "Grimm" not only got released but I even have it here, I started watching the first season again.
    Still like it, yay! ;)

18. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm up to S1E6 so far and loving it. Damien Lewis has always been an actor whose work I have enjoyed, but Claire Danes steals the show every time. It's a nice change in pace compared to 'Strike Back' (which is mostly just action).

Yeah, I caught S4E7 on TV last night and was instantly hooked.

19. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

HOOLY MOLY!
    THE NEW LEGEND OF KORRA!
    Cold war era stuff! nukes! murders on screen (regicide)! microchips! becoming untethered!

[​IMG]

20. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

My wife and I are series nuts. Reality as well

In the past
    OZ Lost Deadwood and Six Feet Under Rescue Me and the Job
    Of course Breaking bad which I hated for a few seasons but it grew on me

I have to admit, Supernatural to which Netflix is best friend as I only started season 1 this year and done 7 almost caught up

Walking dead of course and Sons of Anarchy
    Dead has been poor this year in my opinion.
    Sons it is a shame it is coming to an end IMO.