What TV series are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by cloudz, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Criminal minds is good, but sometimes it forgets itself and gets a bit silly. I'm on season two, twice now they've had team members with very obvious PTSD, and they didn't spot it. Some profilers!

Orphan Black is probably the best thing I've seen in years. Never seen a bad episode of that yet.

2. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Finished "Full Metal Alchemist" a few days ago (just in time for FMA Day, Oct 3!) and started "FMA: Brotherhood" tonight. :)

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

You sir, are full of class :).

Loved Full Metal Alchemist.

4. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

I have a couple on my radar but need to catch up on their first series, Blacklist and Peaky Blinders I think look good, though blacklist may be a bit formulaic I've heard. But have enjoyed a few of those before..

Quick mention for The Americans, finished it a little while ago and would definitely recommend, a real barnstormer involving high level intelligence work set in the 1980's. Deep cover Russians spies running around America basically causing havoc. Really good.

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I'm waiting for The Walking Dead. Don't have a lot of hope for the series though. It doesn't seem to go anywhere, each series is the same thing in a new location.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

The Strain has ended with 13 eps. I now has a sad.

Still watching..
    Big Bang Theory
    CSI Vegas (catching up)
    Family Guy (for background)
    Face Off (taking a break from it)
    American Horror Story
    ...may start
    Nikita
    Penny Dreadful

7. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

I've been watching through 8 seasons of Hustle over the past...however long we've been watching it (an episode a night). Love it, so much fun.

I want to get round to watching the first season of Walking Dead at last but I can't seem to bring myself to do it.

8. Mushroom

Walking Dead comics are a lot more brutal.

Re Gotham. Its more about Jim Gordon and him trying to deal with all the corruption around him. Bruce is but a background story but Gordon's plight is similar to Batman's. The only good in a city of Evil.
    Its also Directed/Produced by Danny Cannon (CSI) so it'll have a certain style on it.
    (Negative point. .... very cheesy dialogue)

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Just finished Avatar and I feel very sad about that. Fantastic show.

Now on netflix I'm flitting between:

Star Trek TNG
    The Shield
    Adventure Time
    Spongebob
    House of Cards

10. Bozza Bostik

Which series? I saw the first one and was a bit meeeeh about it. Wonder if the others are any better.

11. Mushroom

I'm on the 2nd at the moment. Its creepy but not scary.

12. Bozza Bostik

They never are. I don't think I have ever seen a horror film or TV series that has scared me. well, not since I was a kid.

But...is it gooooood!?

13. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Gotham, Arrow, and The Flash. All very good.

14. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Really loved the first season of Blacklist. Didn't find it that formulaic for an episodic crime show. Indeed I thought they balanced villain of the week against season story arc quite well. Very twisty season arc and works well as an action thriller. James Spader 's performance is excellent, great mix of charming and menacing.

15. Mushroom

Series 1. The maid is hot. Thats good enough for me..

16. Pearlmks

Pearlmks Valued Member

That's my thinking too!!!!

17. Bozza Bostik

What? that old woman with the wonkey eye? Mate, you're sick and not in the cool way! :)

Yeah, she made me go a bit funny, the young one that is.

I watched the intro to the second one but haven't got further. Looked pretty brutal though, more gore than spooky like first one. I'm kinda busy right now but I need to find a free slot and squeeze a bit in.

The one in the Southern States / Bayou looks interesting...bit of voodoo I think.

18. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I know the feeling. I had it myself. It's the Best. Show. Ever.

19. mark linu

mark linu Valued Member

I am watching "Man versus wild" because, I like it so much . It is so much interesting and adventurous for me. Whenever, I become free, i watch this TV series.

20. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
    Fight Quest
    Human Weapon
    Naruto Shippuden
    Grimm
    Misfits
    Young Justice

Gonna Start the new Flash series later