What to look for in a "Eskrima" club ?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by NickR, Jan 15, 2006.

1. NickR

NickR New Member

I noticed that there is a Martial Arts club near to me that offers Eskrima classes (amongst TKD, Kickboxing, BJJ and Wing Chun).

I know little about Eskrima, thought it might be worth checking out, but just wonder if I could have some pointers of what to exspect, what to avoid ?

I am thinking this might complement my Ju Jitsu training nicely.

PS I am also aware that theres a Rapid Arnis club near me ;)

2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

what to look for? rapid arnis? look for pat o'malley.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

If you have Rapid Arnis then your set.

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

pat o'malley is one of a precious few arnis teachers in the uk that blends well in the rp.

5. NickR

NickR New Member

Email on way to find out where my nearest Rapid Arnis club is.

Thanks.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Here's the club page of Pat's website:

http://www.rapidarnis.com/page4.html

I heard his computer's on the blink just now, so you may have a few days wait before he can reply.

Looks like the Huddersfield class would be the closest for you, one of the Instructors there, Rebecca, is a member of the forum here.

7. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

Are you referring to Rebecca Kane? She's an arnis instructor? Whoah...

8. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

hi everyone,

Pat O'malleys class is in Middlestown near Wakefield on Tuesday nights from 7pm - 9pm (middlestown working mens club) Its a shame i didn't log on until tonight you could have tried out the class tonight. There are two clubs that actually teach Rapid Arnis in Huddersfield. Nigel Brown in Marsden, and myself in huddersfield town centre. Just out of interest where abouts in West yorkshire are you?As there is also a class in Bradford and some in Halifax.

Best regards
    Rebecca

9. NickR

NickR New Member

Hi Im in Bingley, Bradford would be closest.

10. rebecca kane

The Instructor in Bradford is a good friend of mine. we both started arnis at the same time give or take a couple of months. He is called Iain Wallace I will PM you his phone number so you can ring him for details.

11. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

LOL! How many Arnis schools are there in Yorkshire??!?!?! Sounds like its the biggest thing after Yorkshire pud :D.

12. rebecca kane

Pats club, Iains Club, Nigels club and my Club. There is also supposed to be Rod Cullens Club but he has had serious back injury and I don't really think he is able to teach at the mo. I would say that Rapid Arnis has taken over England and will continue to do so in the next few years. All being well in a few months i Will be setting up a class in Barnsley maybe even one in sheffield.

13. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hey I blended in so well I never got to meet up with you (Dam), but I did get to drink your share of Sna Mig:) but hey Dec 06 I will be back. And e-mail me with that thing we were talking about re DVD's, know what I meen.

Best regards

Pat

14. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And a dam good one too I may add. Hey I bet your even more attracted to her now you know she can teach and you have seen her in action too;) those feet move pretty fast my boy, hope your quick.

Best regards

Pat

15. rebecca kane

Down Pat!! Don't be getting too excited now your not as young as you used to be!! ;)

16. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

Dang, I'm not as young as I used to be, either! At first glance, I thought you said "hung"!

Oops...my bad :eek: :eek: ;) :Angel: :D <~runs for dear life, remembering how bahi feels on the back of the head :cry:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  17. rebecca kane

:rolleyes: :woo: away with the male ego :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :D :D