What the hell is this painful click in my inner thigh?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Aff, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Aff

Aff Valued Member

since i started JJJ i've had to deal with a few injuries as my body adjusts once again to the world of MA (laid off for years).

Other than obvious injuries i have one that i'm not sure of.

It's a little click right at the top of my inner left thigh, virtually where it joins the groin. sometimes it just clicks when i move my leg laterally, but sometimes the click has a sharp pain. just for that moment.

usually when i'm in bed and moving legs it does it. also sometimes when i'm standing and move leg other than straight, feels like i'm about to buckle. i can still kick with it though and stretch which is wierd.

it's not interfering with my life like my bruised rib just recently, just annoying and painful.

2. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

ll you are most likely to get here mate are guesses. Get yourself to a doc/physio/chiro etc. and get it checked out. :)

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Ive had it for years .... doc always told me it was a loose joint and the click was sinew or tendons or somethig being rubbed by the joint.....

Could be true, or a load of rubbish, but its a theory

4. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

sounds like what my sister has, i think its called clicking joint syndrome or something like that.. its like one of your tendons is too long and when you move the joint it stretches but doesnt move in the right way, then at the maximum stretch it snaps over to where it should be

5. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Get a doctor sharpish. I doubt anyone on here is qualified to diagnose you over the internet.

I am though :D. I perscribe 30 units of alcohol combined with some hardstyle dance party. Take 2 and call me in the morning. :p

6. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

7. Aff

Aff Valued Member

i was at the docs today and mentioned it (i'm no hypo though) and he said it's probably pulled tendons or something but nothing serious. tbh, i find a physio beats a doctor hands down but you don't get a physio on the NHS (well not quickly anyway). i'll see how it goes. just wondered if anyone had anything similar happen.

8. microhard

microhard Valued Member

If the doctor can't make any money on your injury, than it's nothing serious.