What stuff do I need to buy?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Daniel_Kemp, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Daniel_Kemp

Daniel_Kemp New Member

Hi.

I will be leaving to go be with my ladyfriend. Stuff that's easy to find in Canada can be hard to find stuff where she lives.

I want to learn boxing while I'm with my ladyfriend, so I want to buy the stuff here in Canada:

This is my shopping list so far:

- Boxing gloves
    - Mouth guard
    - Boxing shoes (wrestling shoes should be OK if I can't find boxing shoes that fit.)
    - Skipping rope
    - Helmet
    - Traditional wraps (Mexican wraps might cutoff circulation.)
    - Jockstrap and cup for the jockstrap

Is there anything I'm missing?

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Shorts!

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And you will need sparring gloves AND bag gloves if you are going to do it properly or else you will ruin your gloves on the bag...or your sparring partners face

4. Daniel_Kemp

Daniel_Kemp New Member

Hi Hannibal.

What kind of shorts are needed for boxing?

Someone told me about that. I will make sure to buy sparring gloves and bag gloves.

Thanks Hannibal.

5. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Where does she live that you cannot buy boxing gear? I would imagine it is available pretty much everywhere in the world these days.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  6. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

You'll need boxing trunks and a vest, but really any shorts and t-shirt that are loose fitting and designed for exercise will do.

7. Daniel_Kemp

Daniel_Kemp New Member

She lives in Korea. She doesn't know where to look for stuff, so I don't want to run around looking for stuff.

What kind of boxing trunks and vest do you recommend? Are they used for training, or just for sparring?

8. rivend

rivend Valued Member

From what I have seen in boxing gyms sweat pants are worn mostly and tee shirts.

9. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Valued Member

Hi,
    When you say 'I want to learn boxing' I assume you mean at a club otherwise progress may be slow?
    My point being if you join a local club they should be able to supply you with equipment sell you equipment or tell you where to get some although I can't blame you for being prepared :)

10. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Sparring usually and even then they are generally worn by amateur competitors. Because you are new to the sport it's not necessary to wear a vest, but a pair of good trunks is always nice to have. Everlast, Twins, Fairtex and Adidas make some good trunks. Usually places that sell Muay Thai shorts will also sell boxing trunks.

Tip for buying trunks, if you have sensitive skin don't buy trunks made out of satin unless you have some leggings to wear underneath. Otherwise you find yourself with rashes.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  11. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

She's from North Korea?