What size needle/syringe should I use to drain ear?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by ShadowHawk, Aug 14, 2012.

  1. ShadowHawk

    ShadowHawk Valued Member

    Ok i understand I need a large sized needle, is there any kind of sterile creme that would numb it, or should I just go raw and take the pain? does it hurt a lot since blot clots and chunks will be coming out?
  2. Bonesdoc

    Bonesdoc Valued Member

    I really wouldn't recommend a DIY job - you should see someone medically qualified (GP, ED doctor, ENT surgeon or possibly Plastic Surgeon)and get them to assess it. If its appropriate they should be able to drain it for you. Doing it yourself is foolish and exposes you to further risks, including long term damage.
  3. Late for dinner

    Late for dinner Valued Member

    Just a thought, the original clot is surely solid by now. If you wanted this treated I would have expected you to have it attended to in the first few days.
  4. ShadowHawk

    ShadowHawk Valued Member

    ^thats what Im talking about, of course immediate treatment is what I am talking about.

    Guys at the local gym drain eachothers ears.
  5. Late for dinner

    Late for dinner Valued Member

    Hmmm here I thought you were talking about an actual incident involving yourself.

    You are asking about what to do in the future?

    Maybe just go see the docs at A & E (Emergency over there in Flawridah ;' )
    You might want to go see your GP armed with the info from Sherdog that was posted earlier.

    I would really be put off by people draining each other's ears in the gym. The ear is notorious for infection and the cartilage can really get destroyed/scarred up.

    I am not trying to scare you but it is best left in the hands of people who know what they are doing and deal with it fairly often. That will help to minimize your chance of complications.

    Just sayin'


Share This Page