What Should i do? omg

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by KSN_Princess, Mar 14, 2012.

1. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

Hi Ya'll
    as a bride to be my wedding is coming up pretty quickly (80 days). I found a new KSW school up where im going to live after the wedding. But my current school that i go to grapples & the new one doesn't grapple. Im fine with grappling but just have to be careful but i don't really like sparring cause i can & have gotten hurt in sparring & im not saying that just to be a scaredie cat but i dont what to walk down to the alter walking all funny looking cause of what happened in sparring. what should i do i totally what to get as much grappling as i can in before i move but don't what to sparr tho but heres the thing they just tell us what we are going to be doing that week like ex : sparring & grappling this week next week forms.
    What should i do?
    Thanks
    Mz Lu

2. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Reader Friendly Version.

Also, as confirmation, is the new school you're going to incorporates grappling? Or not?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. KSN_Princess

Seveth ~ No they do not. they only do sparring

4. Geetarman

Geetarman Valued Member

Only options really are take a couple of weeks off before your wedding or speak to your instructor and ask to be excused from anything you're worried about a couple of weeks before.

Congrats by the way!

5. KSN_Princess

Geetarman~ thanks!

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

what geetarman said. no decent person, let alone an instructor, would ignore someone concerned about visible injuries in the run up to their own wedding. so, mention it!

also, congrats :)

7. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Time for my 2 cents worth:

First of all Grappling is not part of the WKSA's training. They only do Grappling defenses. So being that you are ( if I read one of your other posts correctly) you are at Master Ropper's school now. You will not really see allot of grappling from him. I have had students train in his school and they say it is really by the book, back then. Sparring and only basic grappling D. Good luck talking to him about not sparring before your wedding. Reason #84 why I left the WKSA:evil:

8. MUSOOLJOHN

MUSOOLJOHN AKA KUKSOOLJOHN

Tulsa,

You should really post this list of yours,

It seems you just make stuff up to add to your list.:evil::evil:

9. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Oh, I have a list in fact, you are right on one thing, it is a large list. But if I post it it would be a negative strike on the WKSA and since it is my list NOT anyone else's then if I posted it, it would be almost an attack on the WKSA. I do not want to do that. So I will only post single numbers when deemed appropriated.

It took me 2 years of debating with myself if I should leave the WKSA or not. Many of my reasons alone are not enough for me to have left. Put them ALL together and it was. Everyone has a problem with the WKSA. It could be as little as not being able to make a profit selling WKSA merchandise to your students. (a good profit) To the way one school is treated vs another one (perception is everything) Yes, I do post #'s on things to make the point that there are allot of reasons.

Once again these are my REASONS, not anyone else's.

oh, by the way I did have a large list of reasons to stay in the WKSA, also. But for some strange reason, I have not had the desire to post them????:evil:

10. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Let's not side-track this into off topic disagreements. Keep it relevant to the original question please.

11. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Sorry Frodicious, just answering a question that was posed to me.:evil:

12. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

If the new school doesn't offer any grappling then go elsewhere for it after your wedding. That way you get to do what you want :) Try looking for some BJJ or Judo :cool:

13. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Save up all your grappling for your wedding night..If You Know What I'm Sayin' ;]

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Stop training for a bit.
    I did before my wedding.
    I didn't (and for "I" read "my missus to be") want me to have any black eyes, dodgy legs or scrapes on my face.
    It's only training.
    This is your wedding!

15. MUSOOLJOHN

MUSOOLJOHN AKA KUKSOOLJOHN

Master Ropper is a nice person, I'm sure this will be a non issue.

16. VegasMichelle

VegasMichelle Valued Member

+1

To the OP: About a month before your big day, stop training and go on a short leave of absence.

It may not just be the sparring or grappling that causes problems. Perhaps a bad breakfall or tweaking a small muscle or spraining a joint doing a routine maneuver...anything can happen on a day-to-day basis in a martial art.

I've even heard runners stop running about a month before the wedding too because even running is considered high-impact and you never know when you can have nagging injuries (you don't want to limp down the aisle). They switch over to lower impact exercises (like elliptical and swimming) to tone up and lose a few pounds to get into that wedding dress.

17. The_Beak

The_Beak Valued Member

Congratulations.

Crosstraining is the answer.

18. weeginger

weeginger Valued Member

I reckon you should be a badass bride and walk down the aisle with bruises all over.

A swaggery limp wouldn't go amiss either.

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

For Pete's Sake...it is common sense;

The Wedding and the short time after is the primary concern over anything like training.

The "excitement and pressure" from this alone should put training at the bottom of the list.

Take a deep breath and exchange those vows.

It will seem harder than throwing someone to the mat, or sparring, but this is where your true trained, martial art spirit, per mentality, will kick in.

Congrats

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  20. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

Do what you want to do, if Mr. Roper says yes or no to a leave of absence do not worry. Just do what you want to. You pay him for lessons not the other way around. If you want to keep training but not spar then tell him that and do that. If you want to just stop goin for a month or so, do that. I have had students that worked out and went to class the day of there weddings. Both Male and Female. So it is all up to you and what you want out of life!