What should I be eating in these situations?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KidCanFight, Jul 1, 2008.

1. KidCanFight

KidCanFight good is not good enough

Hey everyone!

Basically for background info I am a 17 y/o male, around 6 foot 1 and 82kg. I am slightly overweight and would like to get down to maybe 75kg or something around that amount. One of my problems is that I eat to much garbage food. I have been trying to cut back on this. Anyway, the 2 things I am asking advice on are;

1. Breakfast.

Almost every day for breakfast I have about 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter and a glass of milk. About 1.5 hours later I am really hungry; not good when I am at school. I am thinking I might be better off going full-on and having the 2 pieces of toast, the glass of milk, but also a bowl of cereal and a couple of pieces of fruit (maybe an apple and a mandarin). How does this sound? Would it keep me going until 10am if I have breakfast at about 7:30?

and

2. Work

I work in a pizza place so I am constantly surrounded by junk food. I usually work from about 5-8, which is when I usually eat tea. At around 7 I regularly get extremely hungry and have to get myself a pizza. This can't be doing me any good. I have been trying to get into the habit of taking a couple of pieces of fruit that I can eat when I get hungry. It seems to be working ok, but I'm sure there is other stuff I can do. Any ideas here?

Thanks a bunch.

2. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Try it and see! That's the only way you're going to find out. (I'd recommend oats).

Find the best way of eating that suits you. Eat as much as you need for breakfast and don't forget that a mid morning snack is perfectly fine.

Well most people would be wanting dinner around that time. Prepare your meals before hand and take them with you, plastic tubs are your best friend. Make sure you eat your meal so you're not hungry and checking out pizza.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  3. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

2 pieces of toast with peanut butter isn't bad - I'd cash it in for oats (same as victoria). That will help keep you full for longer. I generally eat around 8 and then again at about 10 or 11. Take a snack. Protein bar FTW

Take a snack. I don't have to tell you that eating pizza every day at work isn't going to help you lose weight.

4. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I agree w/ V and Yohan. Have some oatmeal for your breakfast. If time is an issue, take some instant Oatmeal (1 cup), 2 scoops of protein powder, a bannana, 10oz of milk, throw it all in a blender and whip it up! If you want, replace the milk w/ water if you are concerned about fat or calories. Throw in some ice if you want a smoothie type shake.

Are you only eating 2 meals a day? If so, your body may be in starvation mode making almost impossible to lose weight. Eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day. This will keep you out of starvation mode and increase your metabolism.

Good luck

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Valued Member

Try muesli in the morning. Be sure to get a healthy one, some are full of sugars and salt.

6. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

My breakfast normally consists of either.

7AM
    A bowl of cereal. Special K Red berries...
    or
    1 serving of Thomas English Muffins Whole wheat w/ strawberry jam
    1 cup of grape juice or Orange Juice

About 2 hours later I eat either/ 9am
    1 Part-Skim Mozzarella string cheese
    1 serving of fruit either an orange/grapes/strawberries/apple

Lunch 11am-1130AM

Leftovers from Dinner/Varies

2PM or so

1 Serving of Fruit

Dinner is normally around 7:30pm

I drink plenty of water throughout the day so that helps a bit.