What pc games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Feb 10, 2011.

1. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

playing portal 2 wicked.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I buy games and I nerver play them.

Past: Css, Rome TW, Bad Company 2
    Current: Shogun2, Football Manager 2011, Black Ops (Only to massacre Zombies)

Future, everything else on this list. http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/CrowZer0 (Yes that is my complete steam collection, when I see a sale I just can't help it!)

3. CrowZer0

Sorry forgot to mention Eve, I have been playing a lot of Eve, mind blowing. I don't understand why I never heard of this game before!

4. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

I just started playing KOTOR 2 with the restoration mod which is supposed to let you play the complete game. I'll post more after I see if it's working as advertised or not.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Did i mention how much time out of my life I wasted playing this game because you posted it? Now I've finished it and find out they haven't got anything else worked out.. bummmmer. :p

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Picked up cheapo copies of 'Empire: Total War' and 'Civilization IV' at the weekend. Tried them both, and they both seem like a massive step backwards from their predecessors. Hugely disappointing.

7. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Civ 4: Warlords Edition.

8. CrowZer0

Agreed Empire and Napolean total war sucked. Shogun2 on the other hand, is on the money!

I have played all the TW games. Love em.

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Empire sucked? You sir are no gamer

10. CrowZer0

I've been playing Strategy, RTS, Turn based games for years, including all the total war series. Empire as a standalone game I guess isn't bad. But compared to Medieval 1&2, Rome, Shogun2. It doesn't compare. Maybe sucks was an exaggeration, but Empire and Napolean both are by far the weakest Total War games. :)

It's like saying Godfather 3 sucked, it didn't suck it was an okish movie I've seen a lot worse, but in comparison to the first two.. It sucks. :)

I have Empire installed btw. I have all these games installed. http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/CrowZer0 I'm not a gamer? :p

I advise you to retract that statement sir! Or I challenge you to a duel!

A total war duel...

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

The two things that struck me immediately about Empire: Total War are these:

1. The campaign map is FAR more complicated than in all previous versions which I have got (Shogun, Medieval, Rome and Medieval II) Now it may just be that I need to persevere more, but my initial reaction was "Sod it - this is too complicated!" Which is unusual for me: I usually love deep strategy games.

2. The battle map looks like something from about ten years ago, and designed for children. Graphically it is light years behind Shogun, for crying out loud! I just can't understand why they seem to have taken such a huge leap backwards.

12. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Since I've never played multiplayer on an RTS I will retract my statement for fear of a complete **** tanning.

13. CrowZer0

Your wisdom belies your years. :)

14. monkeywrench

Empire was fun, but lacking in depth of some of the older games like Rome. But Shogun 2 is amazing. Definitely get that one at some point.

Oh yes, my wife got me Napoleon and it sucked. I felt like it was somewhat one-dimensional even compared to Empire. What a waste.

15. CrowZer0

Yeah I know, Shogun2 I was bracing myself for a repeat of Empire and Napolean but I loved it!

My all time favourite Total War has to Medieval Total War Gold Edition with the xl mod pack! Playing as the Papacy is just so much fun. I invade the Italians, then all the Catholics cut their ties and declare a crusade on them! It was pure evil fun. Playing as Scotland, Ireland and other small factions was great. I really hope they do a China total war focusing on the romance of the three kingdoms era, or Cold Total war... I feel if they enter the 20th century it might lose the total war charm, but one can dream. :)

16. monkeywrench

China Total War? Hmm. Would that be awesome? I think...YES! Also Korea TW. But let's be real here. They will never make either one of those. To much political blowback.

17. CrowZer0

I doubt there would be blow back from a china total war based on the romance of the three kingdoms, I mean they have dynasty warriors and other games already.

The characters involved the states of Shu, wu and wei! Great stuff

18. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Assassins Creed Brother Hood (looking forward to the next installment) and Hitman Codename 47 (I'm going through the series). Stealth and strategy games are my favorite.

19. Iam

Iam Valued Member

I'm playing Europa Universalis III, Divine Wind - anyone into strategy games might like to check out Paradox games in general, & EU3 in particular.

They're only superficially like the Total War series, there's no real eye candy, & they're much deeper in terms of strategy.

20. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I liked the first hitman but i quit it after the 3rd level I think it was. I had a waiters' outfit on but this fat man knew I was a hitman and kept killing me.