What pc games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Has anyone played Endless Space? I don't have much money for this steam sale and a tenner for a game is a fair investment for me at the moment and I've been trying to decide whether I should buy it for a while. Now its on sale I'm even more tempted but I have a collection of steam games I got bored of very quickly.

Don't actually have much experience with 4x games either. I played a lot of Civ Rev but got bored quickly with Civ V.

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I got some Tropico games from the Steam sale. I like those economic / city building strategy games, but damn, I find them hard.

3. pascalywood

pascalywood Valued Member

Got myself Faster Than Light and Deadlight on steam. Damn you Steam, I was doing a good job paying my credit card..

4. Enshadowed

Enshadowed Valued Member

I'm looking forward to Wildstar

5. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Bought Mortal Kombat for £4.50 from Gametap. So played that all night. I still suck at it though.

6. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I got hooked on PlanetSide 2.

It's free.
    It's not pay2win.
    It's an mmofps.
    It's crazy huge.
    It has infantry combat, tank combat and aerial combat all at the same time and supporting each other.
    1 server can house around 2000 people at the same time.
    It's freaking insane.

It's like a mixture between Halo and Battlefield 3-4, but with 10x the scale. Everything you see in Battlefield 3-4, PlanetSide 2 has 10x more of it.

This game is just total war. I've never seen anything like it.

There are 3 factions and they're all at war with each other. You fight for territory with the other factions and the one who can hold the most area's for a certain amount of time, wins. Or something like that.

And btw when I say war, I mean absolute chaos and destruction.

Yesterday I was playing solo and I was moving to a remote area that I could capture for easy points. When all of sudden the sounds of war are starting to come way closer. I move to a high location, I look up and I see a big group of huge allied flying aircrafts hovering above me. Around 30 people jump down and start scouring the place. Then I see a horde of allied tanks and transport vehicles coming my way while being chased by a big group of enemy aircrafts. All of a sudden enemy troops start dropping from the sky in spacepod looking things (DBZish) and somehow I found myself in the middle of an absolutely insane clan war going on which would have been an otherwise relaxing solo operation.

This game is just crazy. It's just one big never ending full blown insanely chaotic WAR.

And the graphics are actually quite good if your computer is good enough to play it on the highest settings. It's not like BF4 graphic quality, however the insane scale of everything makes it just much more impressive to look at and can often leave you gawking at your screen.

I believe Sony made this game. Yeah. I don't know either, it's weird.

Did I mention this game was free without a pay2win model? You can get it via Steam, which is also free in case you weren't familiar with it.

7. Mazulu

Mazulu Valued Member

I just started playing Mass Effect on XBox 360. My only comment is: damn! It's hard to aim with those swivel controllers. It takes less time just to wait for the target to move into my sights.

[​IMG]

8. Southpaw535

Is anyone doing the Elder Scrolls beta at the weekend? Be good to go murdering in Cyrodil with some mappers

9. Heikki Mustola

Heikki Mustola Valued Member

Been recently playing memel... Borderlands 2.

I started the game already about ½ year ago, played for 3-4 hours and stopped. Never returned until now... Didn't enjoy it back then, tried first Borderlands, didn't enjoy it either really. Well, still thought that hell, since I have payed 25 euros for the game + 10 euros for 1 DLC, I will give it another try. And I have enjoyed the game A LOT lately, gotten some great loot, heard hilarious dialog, done some interesting quests... Loving it really, thinking about buying couple other DLC's

Also been plaiyng some Diablo 2 LoD. Singleplayer with this one as well, since I dont play that much multiplayer. Damn Duriel has given me nightmares, cant beat him with my druid.

10. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I've played a few campaigns. It's got a ton of depth, but a really, really steep learning curve, and I'm a fairly dedicated 4x gamer. I enjoyed Galactic Civilizations 2 better to be honest.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  11. Southpaw535

That was an old post there mate :p

I bought endless space in that sale and what I played of it I enjoyed it. Felt a bit like the AI cheats but that's probably me sucking. Only reason I stopped playing is because the company is dumb and didn't make keybinds an option and my mouse wheel doesn't work so I couldn't zoom and that made it a lot of hard work.

12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

At the moment I'm playing Anno 1404

13. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Ah, I didn't read this before which is a shame, since the weekend is already over. I've been playing the beta on my own.

I played enough to figure out this game could become my all-time favorite. There's a lot they need to polish though, I hope they don't slack. There's a lot of potential there.

I also thought the graphics looked phenomenal when they were polished. The water looks insane.

The unpolished graphics look horrible, but that's to be expected.

14. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Dota 2,
    DayZ SA,
    Football Manager,
    Civ 5 with all expansions, vanilla it sucks, Gods and Kings was an improvement. With Brave new World it's amazing.
    Some AOE2 HD with friends.

15. Heikki Mustola

Been replaying Dishonored, what a great game this is. This time around, I finished the game with a clean hands achievement -> didn't kill anyone

Im now playing the DLC's, Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. I will play both of them with high chaos, killing a lots of people & targets. Knife of Dunwall was fun, but short. Im know stuck in Brigmore Witches, I think its a glitch :/

16. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Picked up an old copy of Dungeon keeper today which I saw in a pawn shop..Supposed to be excellent and will keep me amused on my Night Shifts...

17. Southpaw535

Kotor 2. Bugs aside I'm enjoying the hell out of it

18. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Love dungeon keeper, am playing kotor 1 at the moment.

19. Heikki Mustola

Now that I finished Dishonored... I had to install Oblivion again (modded of course). This game is unique to me, it has "that special feeling". I would've never thought that you could get this kind of feelings from a video game, but everytime I come back to the beautiful world of Oblivion, it feels fantastic.

Also been playing CS:GO lately quite a lot. Horrible community, but multiplayer FPS games tends to have that..

20. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

I used to think that too. Until I started playing Dota 2. The MOBA community is hands down the worst. But at least they can get punished for it!