What pc games are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Northwind

Northwind Valued Member

I mean Neverwinter. How does it become cash cow? I've not experienced any need for real world cash usage as of yet.

2. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

3. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I had Thief, but my son nicked it!

He's got no sense of irony, that lad. :rolleyes:

I'm still playing all my old favourites like Civilization III and Medieval Total War II. I even started playing Tropico: Paradise Island again. I had the idea of building a huge maze and trying to get all the inhabitants of the Island to get lost inside it.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I was going REALLY old school yesterday and played "Volfied"....still awesomely addictive after all these years!

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I've finally got up the courage to try installing mods. Turns out its actually not that hard in most cases. So I've been playing the LOTR mod for total war kingdoms, and spent all of today playing Mount and Blade again. Really want to open it up again now but I'm conscious of having to get up in 7 hours and training tomorrow.

6. Hannibal

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOCPuNjx3o&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rOCPuNjx3o&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/ame]

Aside from the lack of Stephen Russell, I really cannot WAIT for this game!

7. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Moss arrows FTW!

8. Hannibal

Taffer! Gas arrows are the best!

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's been a while since I played it.

10. lorenzodamarith

lorenzodamarith Project: Chaos!

hello,

"finally bought the original deus ex"
    nice. you have good taste.

"time to see what all the fuss is about"
    fuss? FUSS?!?!

the fuss, southpaw, is sheer unadulterated awesomeness. pure distilled badassery.

have fun with it. really. it is a really interesting game.

thanks

11. Southpaw535

I've only done the first level but it does seem pretty cool. My fear was that it looked like one of the first games that managed good story and open gameplay on a grand scale and that a lot of people may have been looking back on it with rose tinted glasses. Speaking of looking, I admittedly had to download a texture pack because the original graphics are just awful. I'm not a big one for complaining about graphics but damn. Old games are old.

12. lorenzodamarith

hello,

which pc game? right now?

one word.

borderlands 2 is totally badass and KREIG is da MAN!!

lighting yourself on fire while chopping and shooting your way across the countryside?

yep. we've all been there.

thanks

13. lorenzodamarith

hello,

hey, southpaw! agreed about the graphics. that's actually a good idea. never thought about downloading a texture pack.

hmmmm... if this works, this game and it's successor, invisible war, could just swallow an entire weekend (maybe two)...

you are a bad, bad man, southpaw.

thanks

14. Southpaw535

I'm using the HDTP mod. There's a couple other ones but I struggled to get the game to run when I used them.

Red Orchaestra 2 has been eating up a ton of time the last few days and I'm thinking about reinstalling company of heroes. I love strategy games but my god do I suck at them.

15. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I'm replaying Max Payne 2. Finished the first one the other night. It's been years since I played them, they were on Steam in a sale so I picked them both up.

Haven't played 3 yet.

16. Bozza Bostik

I'm playing that too. Is it just like a big online game/map...but single player? No story or anything like that? It's kinda fun and that, but getting a bit dull.

Do you order your squads around? Or just run in guns a blazin'?

17. Southpaw535

Steam Summer Sale starts today :cry::cry::cry:

Just in time to buy expansions too since I've reinstalled Crusader kings 2. THat game is complicated.

18. cptequinox

cptequinox Warrior Poet.

Currently playing Skyrim (I always wait for the prices to drop, even if it takes years!)

Just snapped the legendary edition on steam for £15 squids. Its very good! (and a little TOO addictive)

19. Southpaw535

Unfortunately Steam has crashed. I briefly got to glimpse today's sales though and I will be playing Scribblenauts later tonight

20. Bozza Bostik

Borderlands 2 on sale. 20 minutes to go....and Steam is down. :rolleyes: