What makes jujitsu effective

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by Katsu, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You don't know him if that is where you are going

Throw his initials out if you think you do - that is much easier for him to answer

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Very Old school, nice!

3. Hannibal

Chen was - an still is - a true gent. Ex LEO from Brazil too so you KNOW he is a badass!!

4. Dead_pool

I think Greg here has got the wrong idea about little ol me. :love:

5. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Let me confirm this so I make sure I understood you correctly...you're a female and you train in Minneapolis under C. Noetzli, correct?

6. Hannibal

And our survey said......

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83LNmNdh5Sw"]BahBow - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

He doesn't have to give you his name, in fact demanding his name is a breach of MAPs ToS, which gives all posters the right to remain anonymous, so please stop demanding he give you his name. Thank you.

8. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Ok, my mistake. For the record I'm not demanding it nor do I think he/she HAS to answer. I'm just asking. The question wasn't answered at all, so I asked again. The question about training under C.Noetzli is enough, unless that's too personal too.

9. Dead_pool

Nope, wrong continent, nice try though.

10. Hannibal

Egg meet face

11. Hannibal

Turned out more like a popcorn fart didn't it?

12. Dead_pool

Thats slander................ Just because its hard to walk in high heels whilst drinking a pint!

13. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Ok, I understand now. I thought you'd made a statement (obviously) Using the Quote tag would have made it clearer, but ok. So was there a point in quoting me or...?

14. Hannibal

Amateur!

15. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

guess ill weigh in

What makes jujutsu effective is its use of throws, holds and groundwork. But in a self defence situation, it would only be effective if it was against a single guy and you ended up wrestling. ( more than one guy and they end up kicking your head in)

I did the whole "which style is the most effective for SD" thing a while back. Sad fact is none of them are really. Everything can be effective if used on the right person, by the right person in the right situation of course. So look at the art you practice and say "how much of my training covers the stuff you see in real fights" Why grab a guy and wrestle him to the ground when you can try and land a punch to his head first? Thats why they give soldiers guns and not nets. Does this mean a boxer will always beat a JJ man? not at all it depends on the situation. If the boxer misses and the JJ guy gets hold of him, then what?

Nothing is cut and dry style wise, you dont even need training to win a fight. Untrained people win fights all the time. Just enjoy what you train in. if nothing else it will get you in shape and get you used to getting hit and manhandled, all of that is usefull.

16. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Hannibal, I think I've made a point to try and expand/clarify my opinions. I'd appreciate if you could do the same when asked and also avoid the verbal gang-ups / peanut gallery comments you obviously think are very cool. Thank you.

17. Hannibal

It's the Internet - you'll get over it

I did respond to your question and you missed it...in the same way you missed me telling you Fusen was quoting you

18. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Jujutsu's wide range of techniques is definitely an advantage over a variety of specialized arts.

19. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

That it is. Enjoy.

20. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

But if a guy pretends to see someone behind you and then smacks your jaw really hard, it will do you no good.