What knife do you carry?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by qbushido, Jul 11, 2004.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

what knife do i carry? a sharp one. :p

seriously, it depends. there are so many that i use from time to time. tanto neck knife. the idf "spike neck knife. a tres cantos (hidden in a ballpen). a baby barong folder. a kiss moneyclip. a "peso stabber" bladed balisong. a baby barong baby machete. a t. raider dive knife. a lansky carbon knife. etc. all of which i make sure are always sharp.

but for the ease of it, there are three knives that are "legal" to carry at all times. an ice pick, a sharpened screw driver (flat nose), and a metal body ball point pen. well a japanese craft knife cutter but that's too obvious. just remember: what tondo has given the world!

2. Tittan

Tittan Valued Member

3. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

4. shootodog

shootodog restless native

"this information is for research and educational purposes only.
    :D

5. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I prefer to use a dull, rusty, butter knife. :eek:

6. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

ROFL

How about my large smelly dog?
    It makes an excellent weapon esp if u have a chain attached so you can use it as a flail.

7. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

smelly dog, smelly dog........

8. NRees

NRees Taekwon-Do II Degree

I carry a United Paratrooper Dagger (Pictured below). It has a 5" closed single-sided blade (4" of actual blade), it's totally enclosed in its handle when shut. It's not that easy to open either - it has a lift up clasp thing, but I can open it in about half a second now :D

[​IMG]

It is illegal to carry it here in the UK, but I only carry it when I go out to pubs n clubs with my friends. Too many of my friends have been threatened at knife point. I only use it, or make any person aware that I'm carrying it when someone pulls out their blade. To me its logical that If you're fighting someone (regardless of your MA 'advantage') and they pull out a knife then they have a great advantage, by carrying a knife I can even the field again. And if they know there's a risk of them getting 'cut up' then they are more likely to stand down.

The trick is not to get caught :p

Last edited: Jul 14, 2004
  9. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

I just carry a lil swiss army knife. It has both a 2" inch blad and a flat screwdriver, I got'em all :D

I wonder if it's illegal to carry though, anyone know the legalities of it?

10. JCSeer

JCSeer New Member

I carry a Benchmade CQC7

11. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

i used to carry a 6 inch blade i cut from a piece of rolled steel, but i built it into my new kusarigama, so i dont anymore. anyway, i carry a heavy chain bracelet now.

12. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Carrying a knife is a bad idea. Someone I know was jumped when he was walking back from fishing in a creek - he had a fishing knife in his pocket. It was the usual pushing/shoving, nothing serious, but the attacker fell into my friends knife and the blade punctured his abdomen.

Pierced his intestines and the guy died from complications from internal injuries a year later.

13. clutchdoctor

clutchdoctor Tae Kwon Do Do

Ok, Ok, Ok, before someone says thats not something to be carrying i don't usually carry it with me. Its a hunting knife that belongs to my brother, i usually use it when i have some work to do and might need a knife. My brother broke the tip off it trying to pry something open on a camp out. I like it, but its too big for me. Really nice though, its an Old Timer, and without the tip on it about three inches long. Anyways, what I wanna do is get a more resonable size knife so poeple don't think i'm wierd when i pull out a big fold hunting knife to open something i got outta wal-mart. Its not something i carry to Wal-mart actually...or anywhere when i'm just out, i just keep it in my car.

Attached Files:

14. Twimyo Jirugi

Twimyo Jirugi Me, but not

Heh heh, got a new one. I now got a SwissCard in my wallet, whihc I always keep knife side up. If you can't make for the knife, just pull out the wallet (which I wear on a chain), under the guise of handing over your money then whip the lil knife out in their face. Also, extremely hard to be busted by police as it's in your wallet, whihc they won't exactly search.

Not only that, it's damn handy too^^

15. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

my almost daily carry is a CRKT Stiff Kiss, worn as a neck knife.
    I braided the handle with paracord.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/1089/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

Sometimes I switch to a karambit style folder or once in a blue moon, a metal handled balisong. Getting caught with a balisong is like tatooing "armed thug" on your forehead. Not good. But the other knives don't have that criminal reputation.

But one weapon I always have with me is a hardwood palmstick, about 6 inches long and the thickness of a marker. it's wood so I don't have to worry about metal detectors. It's my Amex card. I never leave home without it :)

16. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

My mother carries around an odd "knife" It's more of a spike, so it's not classified as a blade, but the handle is round and the "blade" portion is triangular shaped. Effective weapon, and I haven't found any laws against it.

17. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Something about carrying a blade rubs me the wrong way. I don't know, maybe I'll think differently some day. I hope it's not something bad that makes me think otherwise

18. Mufty

Mufty New Member

Watch ya. Here in the UK it is illegal to carry a knife, however under the criminal justice act the law allows us to carry what we call a pen knife, it must be less than three inches long, and folded. However the Muela Tactical range provide a good servicable knife, rough tough and practical

19. chopperfan666

chopperfan666 Valued Member

my daily carry is almost identical to the original posters. CRKT M16 w/ a tanto blade(i think tanto si the word, forgive me if its not) or butterfly(two handles version, not kung fu version) knife just to flip around while im bored

20. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member