what kind of...

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by nightcrawler_p, Feb 11, 2005.

1. nightcrawler_p

nightcrawler_p New Member

from what i've heard...muathay have the most powerfull shin...is that right? :) anyone agrees?? :) what kind of practices or exercize to build a strong and powerfull shin?? :confused:

2. geves

geves Valued Member

two words.....HEAVY BAG.

the crap you see in movies will only give you damage to your shins and the whole rolling a rolling pin up and down your shin = stupid.

kick the heavy bag and kick it alot dude.

3. nightcrawler_p

wow...thanx dude!!
    i'm on it (Heavy Bag)

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

what he said. pads n bags are the way. if you are seriously training then that will take care of your conditioning needs. if you are some half ass who says he does muay thai to impress people you will want to smash your shins into trees and poles, just to add to your fake image though.

5. Bolt

Bolt New Member

I agree, heavy bags are what is used today, but you can use the PVC sticks wrapped in foam. They're mostly used for Kenjutsu practice, but can be effective in developing the shins and instep.

6. nightcrawler_p

does a sand sack will do the job??
    and what kind of exercise that will stregthen our kicks(side, front, round kicks)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  7. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

squats will help you develop power in your legs (and of course, lots of kicking)

sand sack, yeah I guess. but dont quote me on that because I have never used one. general rule is that it has to give at least a little otherwise you are damaging yourself.

8. nightcrawler_p

yeah...right i get it...
    but what about punches...what kind of weight training that u use??coz i know that weight training can grow muscle too...but the important thing that i want is the punchin power, not the big boulder muscle.

9. nightcrawler_p

i noticed that...everytime i go online...u r online too.
    i wonder are u always online??
    what do u do actually?

10. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its called adsl :D i leave my computer on and usually i dont bother closing stuff i just leave.

as for weight lifting, you are not going to develop massive bulging muscles overnight. heavy weights with low reps, and you want to do things like benchpress, chin ups, dips. pretty much compound exercises.

11. nightcrawler_p

ooo i c....
    push ups with wide spreading arms...right...by doing that..u will get much mucle resistance