what is your fav bo material

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by therailnutter, May 1, 2004.

1. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

I like graphite and white oak the best. I would like to see everybody elses opinion.

2. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Graphite? Don't think I've heard of that before. White oak, definatly. Thougth metal would be nice too.

3. Mr Budo

Mr Budo New Member

I prefer white waxwood. It's more flexible, less susceptible to warping, and more difficult to break than hardwood or oak. It's what the traditional shaolin staffs are made of.

4. bored ninja

bored ninja New Member

traditionaly, bo staves and other staff weapons of japan were white or red oak, untreated with oils or other stuff, what was used then still stands now

5. therailnutter

therailnutter New Member

yes white waxwood is good to but white oak is still the best in my opinion :)

6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Wood, isnt that all you need, isnt it just a stick you can utilise?

7. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Some woods splinter and break more easily than others, and are less desirable.

Some woods are much heavier than others, and that is a matter of personal preference; whether you prefer to train with a heavier bo or a lightweight one.

8. clutchdoctor

clutchdoctor Tae Kwon Do Do

I don't know what kinda i have because of the black pain on it and its second hand from my friend, but he got a new one when i got his old one and i liked his new one better, i think it was white oak, it seemed stronger, and even lighter, so yeah, i'm goin with white oak.

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

If your in a fight and your bo breaks you have 2 sticks to beat him with or a pointy end to stab, if it breaks while training buy a new one, i cannot stand all these graphite and waxed ones, they look so poxy!

Personal preference only!