What is you aim

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by tai-gip, Oct 15, 2003.

1. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

Everyone does everything for reasons what is yours for doing Martial Arts what do you want to achieve from your time and efforts

2. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

I want to become the best mentally and physically. That simple.

3. cal_JJJ

cal_JJJ New Member

MA has help me enjoy good health, confidence to handle situations, and the company of some very fine people.

And I now enjoy working w/ youth groups and hopefully payback some for a good life.

Tai: I hope that makes sense. I guess my reason is in the doing:)

4. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

One interest, two to stay in my best physcial shape possible. Three it is my career, and the only thing I know I'm good at. Hopefully someday I will be a desire teacher for any type of student.

5. Chris J.

Chris J. Valued Member

Hi,
    Great question. It started as one thing and gradually became another for me; at this point is it so much part of life for me that I can not imagine ever stopping for any reason. For me, it really IS life, training as long as I live is the goal.

-Chris J.

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i agree with what Cal_JJJ said. it goes for me too.
    i must admit that at the beginning MA were something different to me than they are to me now. it was a lot of fun going to the training sessions, meeting new people, learning a kick or two, getting a good work-out. but in time i noticed that the situation began to change. i got more and more involved. started competeting, got my black belt, started teaching etc. there would be a gread void in my life if i had to stop training. not only would it make a difference to the shape i am in. but i don't think that i would be able to find a substitute mentally.
    some people look at me in a strange way when i say that i want to improve and that i always work on myself. they think that all the work stops the moment u get the black belt. what a mistake, right?!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2003
  7. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Martial arts? I'll be completely honest. I want to learn how to kick ass. I also want to have a good time and get fit.

8. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Knight_errant,
    do u often get into situations where u have to defend urself or do u like provocing people so u want to be ready?

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

No, I want to be able to kick ass should the need arise, which it could do....
    Why, am I provoking you? :D

10. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

ha ha ha no, u r not.
    was just wondering, that is why i asked, because when u listen to a person speak u also notice the tone of their voice, but when u read something it is very easy to misinterpret the tone.

11. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

I've said it before many times - to learn how to fight. Aiming for proficiency in all ranges. I have limited proficiency in most ranges (punching, kicking, clinch, grappling) except weapons, in which I have none at all besides a smidge of stick work...

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I haven't been successful in many things and I am good at TKD. It is a self-fulfilling accomplishment that is internal, I really don't care what others think.

13. jonsku

jonsku New Member

I am trying to be as good as I can by practising every day and someday I'm going to open my own dojo and teach there everything I have learned during my own training. I'm on a quest which takes a lifetime, "the quest for the perfect throw" :D

jonsku

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I've forgotten how to do anything else! :D