what is this weapon

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by tall sean, Oct 4, 2004.

1. tall sean

tall sean New Member

it is a type of flail gogo or jojo or whatever shes called has one on killbill1 and it would also help knowing where to buy on on an english site??

thx alot

2. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

I would say that by the way she handles it it looks like a very sinister interpretation of a rope dart or a 9 section chain whip. You would have to check if they were legal to buy where you live.

3. GeeniusAtWurk

GeeniusAtWurk Valued Member

I'll second the 9 section chain whip guess. Seeing the movie then seeing a clip of a sifu doing a chain whip demo drew some connections.

4. xuande

xuande New Member

What is in the Kill Bill movie is closer to a meteor hammer than a rope dart, mostly because the end is much heavier and blunt rather than piercing. Another similar weapon is the Sun and Earth Hammer, though I've never seen that particular weapon in action so I have no idea how it functions. You can find them for purchase HERE

5. Reiki

Reiki Ki is everything!

It looked more like a 9 section chain whip to me but I'm no expert on these things... :D

6. ShaoLinMonk108

ShaoLinMonk108 New Member

All 3

As far as I can tell it’s a combination of all 3 weapons (9 Sectional steel Chain Whip, Rope Dart, and Meteor Hammer) this is a very interesting combination of weapons. Although the weapons look very similar, they are very different in use. The Chain Whip is “short”(only when compared to the other 2) and is used for spinning and piercing. The Rope Dart Is very similar to the Chain Whip, in a sense that there is a lot of Piercing, but the rope dart focuses on wrapping around the body and piercing in unlike the Chain Whips changes. The Meteor Hammer I don’t know a lot about, but I hear it is used for bashing and hitting. In the movie I noticed that the main way she attacked was similar to that of the Meteor Hammer, But I caught a lot of Chain Whip spins and thrusts. :D :D :D

7. CrimsonDemon

CrimsonDemon Valued Member

Can't really talk bad about meteor hammers, but they're usually only good for the first throw. They can inflict armor cratering damage(I've seen it, and I was VERY thankful I wasn't in that armor....), but once the rope gets tangled or cut, it sucks.

8. Godhand

Godhand New Member

i'd have to say it's most similar to a meteor hammer.

9. PangQuan

PangQuan New Member

this is an actual weapon though i cant remember the name, meteor is in it though. It does not have the spikes or retractable blade however. But it is an old chinese weapon.

10. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Definitely Meteor Hammer

11. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Go Go Yubari (with her morning star chain weapon with 2 configurations, short sword, and base) http://www.blades-uk.com/view_items.php?cat_id=121

Looks like it is a combination of a medieval morning star with a chain whip.

Attached Files:

12. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

To me it just looked like a ball and chain :eek:

A pretty fancy one at that!! :D

13. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Hey anyone know why my attached images didn't expand.

When I've placed just one picture in my post it always shows up in the post. When I've done more than one...it shows up as clicky link thingys :confused:

14. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

A) the number of pictures

B) the size of the pictures

:)