What has Ticky Donovan been accused of?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by kitsune, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitsune

kitsune New Member

Just wondering if anyone knows? I've been told that he has been suspended as England coach due to some kind of inappropriate behaviour. Has anyone else heard anything?

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

3. kitsune

kitsune New Member

Damn!

4. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Somone at the club mentioned this last night i'm hoping it's a false allegation :(

5. kitsune

kitsune New Member

Same here! My instructor has known Ticky years and just couldn't believe it. Lets just hope it's not true. Even if it isn't true, allegations like that keep on damaging forever.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

this is not good

7. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man New Member

Its very easy for a disgruntled party to throw such an accusation and impossible to actually "prove" a negative. (as Lance Armstrong used to say regarding the constant accusations that he was so successful because of drugs)

So many years of world class service could be tarnished here, possibly only because mud has a habit of sticking. (many people have called for a law that prohibits the public naming of alleged abusers until they are found guilty because of the effect that false allegations can have.)

Children should of course be protected, but lets remember innocent until proven guilty.

What a shame.

8. kitsune

kitsune New Member

Very well put Gingerbread Man, I couldn't agree with you more!

9. breakerjohn

breakerjohn New Member

Nothing to do with this case but many years ago Ticky was up in court charged with assault. He got into a fight with a gang of yobs, knocked out a few of them and the others ran off.
    He was cleared of all charges and walked free.

10. sjmariota

sjmariota New Member

From Karate England

11. prowla

prowla Valued Member

Good to see.

12. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man New Member

Agreed......

IMHO the best thing to do with this topic is give it the credibility it deserves and delete the thread.....

13. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

oh the contrary I think its important, its a risk all MA instructors and sports coaches in general face, running away from it causes more problems than it will solve

14. kitsune

kitsune New Member

I agree. If anything leaving this thread shows that not all accusations are proved correct and also that nothing is being hidden.

15. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Even though not a Karate student, I have met Mr Donovan on a couple of occasions and am thoroughly delighted he has been cleared of these allegations. It is possible that his accuser was someone motivated by spite or an unfortunate with deep and disturbing issues, Either way I am glad that procedures have cleared Mr Donovan.

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Thread is staying.

17. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Good news :)

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I've never met Mr Donovan. I'm not involved in karate.

But anyone who searches must know that the man is found innocent, and should find that out from all sources.

Best of luck to him.

Mitch

19. pat-d

pat-d New Member

Hi guys
    I am Ticky Donovans son, was browsing through the web and noticed this topic.

I can assure you it was complete an utter b@ll@x and nothing has ben made of this, their is in fact a police investigation still ahead to try and find out who sent the letter as it was annonymous,

the man or women had so much to say they forgot to put their name on it!!

it was also sent to our home address, not P.O Box which indicated to me that it is someone that can reach this type of information

the letter also accused Dad of being a racist, perhaps more a reason to larf about if you take into account the amount of black and asian people that have fought in the British squad under my Dad and evenhave run Ishinryu dojo's, the francis brother's and sister, toni twins to name a few, not to mention Wayne Otto o.b.e who is a family friend aswell as a fighter, now manager of the national squad.

the letter must of been sent in complete an utter spite however it has succeeded to cause a lot of stress at the time with Dad having to sit at home and imagine what all the thousands of people he has tought (from all ages and all culturs) think on these accusations, complete scum if you ask me.

thanks for reading and i just hope their isnt anyone out their pathetic enough to beleive this statement as we all know what the media are like about making stories up alothough i must admit when the case closed as their was no case, the papers did back up Dad and stress that it was all false.

cheers fella's...and ladies of course :)

20. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Working with kids you are SO vulnerable. I once refused entry to a skateboard park to a kid who had a broken arm saying "You could break the other arm."

A version that came out? ...I had threatened to break his other arm if he did not leave!!..and any number of his mates would have "corroburated" his story

I have no doubt Mr Donovan is innocent.

regards koyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.