What happened to Genki Sudo?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by CinMike, May 25, 2006.

1. CinMike

CinMike Valued Member

Did he quit MMA fighting? I haven't seen or heard of him in any upcoming fights. I fight his antics hilarious, and I want to see him fight in the UFC again.

2. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

He's in K-1 Hero's. He lost the title to Yamamoto Norifumi "Kid", and is seeded in the tournament. He recently beat Western kickboxing legend, Ole Laursen, who is definitely one of the better Farang Thai boxers.

He's probably make dozens of times whatever the UFC would be willing to pay for him.

3. CinMike

CinMike Valued Member

Do fights go to the ground in K-1? Or is it straight up kickboxing? Genki's ground skills are top notch

4. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

He's part of K-1 Hero's, which is K-1's MMA organization. It doesn't really have the talent pool of PRIDE, but it is much more popular

5. CinMike

CinMike Valued Member

Ah, I see. I don't think that would be on PPV where I'm at. I can order UFC and Pride on PPV, but I don't think I get K1

6. UGFighter

UGFighter Valued Member

his antics seemed to have got him ktfo in his last fight:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9z12yX0DS0"]Ian Schaffa Ko's Genki Sudo - YouTube[/ame]

7. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

wow...that was a very nice kick.

8. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

He lost to Aussie fighter Ian Schaffa a couple of nights ago on K1, I'm guessing that's the kick you're talking about. He's also about to start training at legendsmma, don't know if he's still going to train at hollywood jujitsu as well

9. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Does that mean that Genki will be trainning with Eddie Bravo?

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wow... sad to see the superfunkmeistersurpemefreakazoidrobotking Genki Sudo get caught with a beautiful kick like that! WOW!

A half inch closer and Sudo would have a broken jaw. Reminds me of the kick that Leko took off of Badr Hari not too long ago. And he didn't get back up and manage a smile like the ever charming Genki Sudo did. :D

Gotta love him.

11. thedoodey

thedoodey New Member

sad but true he lost to ian schaffa, who in my opinion has a mixed record, i believe (6-3-?). keep in mind, though, sudo is now in k-1, where is real niche is on the ground. money is money though and that's where the birds will fly. HOWEVER, i really wish to see SUDO vs. CRAZY HORSE, two unorthodox fighters with tons of entertainment value. i'd pick sudo in a heartbeat.

we are one!

12. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Sudo isn't the best striker but is ground game is top notch he should stick to MMA. As for that kick... it was good and Ian Schaffa was also landing some clean hooks throughout... think Genki needs to up his defence a bit more before he messes around so much. Still a great fighter though and it was impressive he stood up after getting hit with such a kick!