What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JaxMMA, May 7, 2011.

1. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

...at the gym, dojo, school, etc?

I'll start off with a few things:

1. People taking up the squat rack to do curls
    2. Guys (usually older) who spend 30 minutes walking naked around the locker room, then 20 minutes in the sauna room, and then another 30 minutes walking back and forth from their locker to the shower
    3. People who want to show off during MMA classes...usually beginners. for example: want to show off that awesome kick they learned years ago in TKD

:woo::woo::mad::mad::woo::woo::mad::bang::bang:

Lets hear what bugs you...

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

A torque converter??

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

This...

Attached Files:

• Gym.gif
      Gym.gif
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
  4. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Getting stuck with a supposedly experienced training partner who's seemingly incapable of holding the pads properly. I've lost count of the times wrenched an elbow over-extending because they can't hold them either still or in the right place, especially when I do it right! :mad::mad:

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

People who feel the need to give advice on your lifting technique while you're in the middle of a %$%£%&@# lift!

6. Moi

People do that? That could be nasty

7. liero

liero Valued Member

Gangs of guys at the gym who use the one piece of equipment I want to use for over an hour while joking and carrying on loudly and obnoxiously.

They are usually doing some variation of a curl

8. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

other women at the gym. I'm okay when they are there to train hard and just get on with it but currently there is a pair of friends just end up distracting the guys at the gym, spend more time talking than exercising and need to be mentored by the gym manager. To me they're his little fan club not there to seriously training. I go to a plain no BS gym to avoid all that stuff

9. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

1- People sitting on the equipment chatting for ages and occasionally doing a rep or two.
    2- Resolutionists: ie people who every January & February sign up for a whole year's membership because this time they're determined to get fit/lose weight/get in that dress/those pants. They usually women, mostly found close to the drinks machine water fountain chatting to a fellow Resolutionist. Common topics of conversation include: 'Getting into that dress', 'I told him, I said "I'm definitely going to lose weight this year" and "Have you tried the cabbage/beetroot/camel faeces diet? No? It's brilliant!"

SHUT UP LOVE AND EXERCISE SOMETHING OTHER THAN YOUR GOB!

PS On a positive note, you don't tend to see them from March onwards.

10. Moi

On a plus note they must help keep the prices down :)

11. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Parents who think a dojo is a creche and then get upset when I shout at their little brat for messing about...in fairness i do have a loud voice though

12. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

People who leave the weight machine and add another 25Kg so not to look weak, why!?

13. Princess Haru

People who don't unload barbells so you're unsure whether they've finished. Grrrr

14. d0ugbug

I hate that, or just leave a bunch of olympic weights around a bench while they walk off for a drink and a chat, are you coming back anytime soon!?

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

HAHAHA! I have seen that!!!! Too effing funny!

16. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

Last time I went to the gym there was a group of three or four guys just sitting on one of the machines, talking. I like to hurry between machines to keep my heart rate and momentum up and they were just THERE in the way :p

17. Moi

Having never been in a public gym can't you just ask if they've finished? Then tell then to get on with it? If you don't ask...

18. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Overweight people who spend 20 minutes walking on the treadmill and then down a whole bottle of Lucozade or a shake and complain that they're not losing weight! :bang:

Women doing 300,000 reps with a pink dumbbell to 'tone' because they don't want to lift heavy weights and get 'big'! Grrrrrrrr :bang:

Anyone on a mobile phone or texting with one!

People who sweat on equipment and don't wipe it up after them! :mad:

Anyone reading a magazine whilst 'working out'!

Grrrrrrrrr! :mad: :bang:

19. Princess Haru

I'll go for a non-gym one. This one might get me in hot water though!

People who always train/partner with their friends at the dojo. There are some people whose names I still don't know, partly because in over 18 months I've still not managed to get to pair up with them. There are some advantages of partnering up with the other women, usually less bruises, though the disadvantages are the two who are more regularly there are both a bit smaller than me and from a Self Defence perspective it's more challenging and realistic to have a bigger uke

20. d0ugbug

Do you watch me train or something?