What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I trained at every opportunity with the captain at the training arena in Rattay,. If you opt to fight with blunt weapons your skill in strength, agilty, defence and your chosen weapon levels pretty quickly, then when you get decent plate armour you can tank through bandit camps.

Knee Rider and Southpaw535 like this.
  2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Mine I can't learn parry riposte with some weapons. It just won't let me do them and I have to reload a previous save.

But if you you do the recon of Prybyslavitz mission and you have decent stealth and archery there's a nice long path with bushes on the far left side where you can attack enemies, creep backward and just keep filling them with arrows. They all have arrows so you'll actually come out with a decent profit doing this. I actually cleared most of the camp this way.

And poaching = all the money

3. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

That's a new one bug wise..Hopefully they will address it in the newest patch. I will try your approach on the Prybyslavitz mission on my next play through as I wasn't that good at archery when I approached this mission, I basically waited til night mugged a guard and simply walked around stealth killing and hiding bodies while scouting before poisoning the camp food. I make a fair amount mugging wayfarers and attacking forest bandit camps now I am in decent armour with good weapons. Shame about the bugs but this is still IMO the best game of its type I have played.

I still have to find the DLC armour which is next on my list.

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

Too busy playing

5. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I found combat so fiddly and disorientating at first that I was scared of getting in any confrontation. I basically did as you did and lived my life in Rattay dueling in the combat arena till I had half a clue.

Using a longsword and investing in some solid plate armour made a world of difference.

Winning my first duel with a wandering mercenary was so satisfying. First time I tried, I accepted a duel from the wimpiest, ineffectual looking knight I encountered and he hacked me to ribbons in about 30secs.

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That's why you go or the big monster-like guys!

Trust me! I never have played the game after all!
    ;)

7. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

To be honest I found it pretty fun. Years of other games should give you a good mastery of range. Everything after that is combos, clinch, countering, and angles.

Even at higher levels the best thing to do whether fighting with weapons or fistfighting is to counter about 60% of the time, and for actual combat, after softening them up with a few arrows if possible. If you get good at the combat system you don't really need the heavy plate armour except for the big assaults where you're likely to encounter multiple adversaries. There's a perk for using light armour as well which makes it even better. If you're decent at countering and using distance and angles to your advantage then you can still beat people who are better than you pretty regularly.

Also it's worth finding the chest in the North-East end of the forest where St. George's longsword is. It's pretty good for an early game weapon.

8. Knee Rider

As I said, I just invested time in learning the system, picked up some longsword strategy and bought some good armour; now things aren't a problem. I'm a good way into the game as is.

I disagree that the combat was intuitive and found that none of my previous gaming experience really mitigated against its frustrations at first but I think this learning curve is what makes it satisfying and enjoyable to improve at. It also goes a long way to helping the immersion to feel like confrontation is likely fatal during the early game. Props to you if you were swinging and parrying away from day one, but I wasn't and nor were a good few others! Lol

9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I find it somewhat intuitive in terms of the directions and stuff. My frustration comes in that for all its depth, the difficulty seems to be a case of just making characters who can counter everything so there's no sense of strategy. The first boss, the bandit dude, comes to mind. I had to lose multiple hours of game to go back just so I could learn the riposte to beat him.

Although in trying to roleplay, I've refused to use plate armour or proper swords until Henry gets made a knight (which I assume happens at some point) so there's a chance that has something to do with it.

10. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Invest in a good mace or axe for armoured fighters, I had the same issue til I picked up a basic spiked club and went from there

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

I actually cheated with the first boss by using a bow to shoot him in the face, get out of range and repeat. I found him near on impossible before researching online and finding most people used a bow to get around facing in close range.

Knee Rider likes this.
  12. Knee Rider

Same!

13. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've played a bit of Into the Breach and will play more.

I picked up a roguelike deck building game, "Slay the Spire", which is pretty good. Still early access as they are adding a few more features, but fully playable and polished now.

I've also been playing some Stallaris 2.0, in addition to League of Legends & Overwatch.

14. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm currently obsessed with the farming game 'Hay Day' on my mobile.

Van Zandt likes this.
  15. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Restarted Mass Effect: Andromeda. This post-patch version is definitely better than when I played it at launch. I hope EA doesn't abandon the franchise like all the media outlets have reported.

16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I heard that too, because apparently "Andromeda" flopped cash-wise.

I haven't played it yet (actually I only played the first and part of the second; really need to give these games another go, as I loved what I played), but I am with you - hopefully, they won't let it die.

I finished my first playthrough of "Uncharted: Lost Legacy".
    I really, really liked the game and it also proved, that the franchise work excellent without Nate as well.

Chloe was cool from the beginning, and I got to love Nadine more and more, when the game moved on!

Serious spoiler this time; so only read, if already played or not to be played anyway.
    First impression of her was "Uh... wow... what?", when you got meet on the roof.
    And when it continued - just great.
    How the two women got to get along better with the time, was nicely done (in my opinion anyway), how their banter got more serious all now and then and they sort of noticed, the other might not be so bad after all...

I wanted to applaud, when Nadine hit Chloe, after realizing Sam had a role in it too :D
    I also enjoyed the scene, in which Nadine threw Chloe from the cliff :rolleyes:

I admit, I thought at first the informant would be Chloes father, whos's not dead after all; but it being Sam Drake was nice touch as well.
    And the banter between him and Nadine was awesome; same for the interference's that Chloe tried :D

I was a bit surprised that there wasn't a mystical something involved, but it definitely didn't hurt at all.

All in all I was totally surprised, on how much I loved and enjoyed it, despite having to female lead characters ;)
    Admittedly, I could have known earlier, as both are known for kicking butts :)

I hope they keep doing more games.
    I wouldn't mind a "flashback game", with Flynn either, as I thought he was awesome.

Knee Rider likes this.
  17. Knee Rider

Me and my girlfriend played through lost legacy on release. I thought it was great. I think there should be some milage in uncharted still. Definitely hope they bring out a number 5.

Latikos likes this.
  18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I nearly had it pre-ordered, but for some stupid reason I thought: "Mhm, Nadine & Chloe?"
    *So* dumb of me; so much potential for more games!

I'm not entirely sure yet, I would need to play more often again, but I think I might even like Lost Legacy a tad more than 4.

I also tried Survival of Lost Legacy/4.
    Needs a lot of getting used to and so much stuff I just don't get.
    Made me miss U3 co-op.
    So I tried that - and couldn't find a Survival-game :eek::(
    I hope that was some weird bad luck :(

Knee Rider likes this.
  19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Soooo many people said about doing that! I tried, but I could never get far enough away from him to get an arrow nocked, yet alone drawn. Having the same issues with the knight you have to chase down and duel near the tree.

20. Knee Rider

I speech crafted his ass, like a silver tongued lethario.