What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Oooh, I claim...

Eh....I dunno...

Oh to hell with, I call Skaven! First team I ever played with, I might as well stick with them :D

2. LemonSloth

$2 is a pretty good price for any game :)

Haha, it depends on how seriously you take your game. Sometimes you'll do amazingly well, other times you will get so horribly screwed over by even the most simple plays that you will probably want to do something horrible to someone :p

Main advice I have is learn to laugh at yourself. Lots. With generous helpings of not caring.

So then Southpaw, shall we start organising a tournament?

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm up for one. How many people have bloodbowl?

4. LemonSloth

Would it be worth asking this in the off-topic section instead, see if we get more hits?

5. Southpaw535

Possibly. Although I do remember trying to sort out a Guns of Icarus one before and didn't get any replies :p

6. LemonSloth

But who could say "no" to the power of Blood Bowl? :D

Also...fancy a match sometime?

7. Southpaw535

True. Guns did require getting 4 people together for each ship and stuff.

I'd be up for a game. I'm absolutely god awful at it but I'll try :p

8. LemonSloth

So am I. I only got BB:CE about a week ago and I keep ending my turn before I've moved as I keep mis-clicking on the mouse :cry:

Awesome sauce! Now I just gotta refresh myself with how to play online and then organise a match :D

9. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I'm in for Blood Bowl. I have it too. Warhammer FTW!

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Give me some time to get used to it and I'm in

11. LemonSloth

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!! :happy:

....I'd post a pic here of somebody wooping, but I have none to post :(

Awesome sauce! If it helps you learn the game I'm sure I could be persuaded to play with...goblins...

Now I need to get my daughter off the damned laptop I've got Blood Bowl installed on...

12. Hannibal

When I played tabletop WH:FB my army was mainly Orcs, so ill put money on where I end up...

13. LemonSloth

Lemme guess, halflings, right?

I used to play with Tomb Kings, Ogres and Wood Elves - but I hate using all three of those teams Even though Wood Elves are just more agile versions of Skaven.

14. LemonSloth

If anyone's interested, I have set up a MAP league online called:

MAPSanity.

It's a private league, password:

MAPMAPMAP

Yeah, I'm so original ;)

Description: Bringing the horror of fellow MAPpers to the world of Blood Bowl! Carnage, mayhem, dangly limbs, fending cake from Frodocious! MAKE MINE A BLOOD BOWL!!!

When you go on Multiplayer, click on "Internet Leagues". You'll need to create an online account if you don't have one. At the top of the page, click "Leagues". Then click "League Finder". Type in "MAPSanity" under League name, then click "Search".

You will need to create an online team to play with, minimum team rating 950 (max 2500). Once you've chosen the team to enter, click "Apply for the league" then enter the password. Once that's done, I just have to accept you into the league and we're good to go.

It's normal rules for a BB match, 4 minute turns, apothecaries (etc). Playing turn based rather than real-time based. I've set it as an open league with no number of maximum times you can play other coaches so you can come and go with the gaming as you please.

My team - Dairy Raiders (Skaven) are already registered and ready to go. Now all we need is other people linked up and we can start playing!

...There was probably an easier way of playing matches, but at least this way we can keep a tally...

15. Southpaw535

I'm torn between the lizardmen and the amazons :'(

16. Hannibal

I will personally STAMP on your team of pointy eared swine

17. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Hmmm, I guess I'll roll with Dark Elves then. :)

18. Southpaw535

I have signed up

19. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Halo right now, on a Saturday night? I'm getting weird! Or sad, or both :)

20. LemonSloth

You have been added good sir, now we just need to figure out a time to play :)

Nice :) - Dark elves are pretty sweet, but the idea of playing with such expensive guys in a league gives me the heebie jeebies.

*sniff* you monster *sniff*

Dear god man, can't you see this topic is about manly games that are incredibly popular?! No-one has ever heard of this "Halo" you speak of!

;)