What game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kuma, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong. It is brilliant.

I just love what HBS has done with the Shadowrun franchise and hopefully they're going to bring out more... It's been a few years though so I won't hold my breath.

Nice simple RPG and turn based battle system with a cyperpunk fantasy flavour.

Morik and Fish Of Doom like this.
  2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I *wanted* to play "Pillars of Eternity" and the first "God of War" - and what happened?
    I git stuck with the co-op-MP of Uncharted 4 :oops:
    I want those last two DLC-trophies; unfortunately I don't see that happen, as Crushing is ridiculously difficult in this MP :confused:o_O

axelb likes this.
  3. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Old School Runescape. You can now legally play 2007 style Runescape for FREE! Forgot how much I enjoyed it, obviously the combat is very different to my usual sort of game (Skyrim, Mount and Blade) but it's a good way of killing half an hour, and there's still a sense of satisfaction to level up at loads of things. It's also nice to be challenged, at low levels it's more than possible to be killed by an average man/goblin/giant rat, whereas with Skyrim I find only bears, and big drops, give me problems after a couple of hours with a character.

axelb likes this.
  4. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Did you play Shadowrun: Dragonfall? How does Hong Kong compare?
    (I got probably 90% of the way through Dragonfall, got distracted and never ended up going back. I did like the game though.)

5. Knee Rider

Funnily enough I had a very similar experience playing shadow run hong kong when I first bought it back in 2015.

Having played both I can say they are almost identical. They are both great so if you enjoyed dragon fall then certainly don't hesitate to jump into Hong Kong

The primary difference I've noticed is that decking in Hong Kong is not as enjoyable. In dragon fall it was essentially a mirror to the combat mechanics of the main game but in Hong Kong it is a series of realtime stealth sections and simple puzzles which don't quite work with the control scheme. Stealth is ridiculous and being spotted usually results in very quick system detection. It's not a game ruiner but I'm far less keen to deck unless it's completely necessary. I wouldn't recommend a decker as your character build.

That aside, I think both games are well worth the money and time.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'm playing a game. But I ain't saying what it is. :)

7. Knee Rider

Soggy biscuit?

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Dirty boy.

Knee Rider likes this.
  9. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Does it involve your big toe?

EDIT: Okay, before this might get weird, I just noticed there might be a little barrier :oops:
    It's nothing dirty, it's something we say to annoying kids if their whimpering: Go, and play with your toes.

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nah. I make games and just being a tease.

11. Whit

Whit Valued Member

Have you played mechwarrior online?

12. Whit

Whit Valued Member

I spend my time flying jets on DCS world. I say "flying" what i actually mean is i spend my time crying and looking through my leg book as to why its not moving,

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Having you on the facebooks and seeing your recent posts, I'm guessing what and I just want you to know how insanely jealous I am.

Smitfire likes this.
  14. Morik

I haven't...

15. Whit

Whit Valued Member

Its pretty good although its better to play it with friends.

16. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I just started lats night, OMG what an amazing and beautiful game!!!

Chimpcheng likes this.
  17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Mario kart 8 deluxe on the switch. I got extra joy con for 4 player fun.

Such a great game, and worked well as a party type game. Assist driving option enabled for the littlest to make it not so tough :D

18. Morik

I just got 'Wizard of Legend', a port from nintendo switch.

It is fun but hard. There are many many many different spells you get, you combine 4 different types (basic, dash, standard, signature) to make a set of spells you get to use in the next dungeon.
    Its a procedurally generated action-rpg, and is roguelite (you do slowly make permanent progress on your character, but you get one life per run).
    I'm glad I picked up an xbox 360 wired controller for use with my PC, as without it I don't think this game would be as enjoyable.

axelb likes this.
  19. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Currently playing Assassins Creed: Syndicate - quite liking it.
    Enjoying the aspect of interchanging between 2 characters.

As much as I like the sneaky sneaky stuff, I still don't like the melee fighting aka button bashing though.

20. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

What company do you work for so we can at least "guess" what you are playing without you breaking NDA.