What does it feel to be hit in the groin?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by RedBagani, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xen

xen insanity by design

and that god-awful ache in the guts which last for ages :(

2. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

How to toughen the Nuts?

Does anybody know how to toughen the nuts?

I remember the old stories of how the terrifying juramentado fighters would toughen themselves up by tying their extremities and balls, before launching ther suicide attacks on the enemy. In their case, the enemy was the occupying US soldiers of the early 20th century. Documented accounts describe that theses guys would routinely take several fatal shots and still manage to kill three or four guys down before they died. It is said that because of them, the US Army abandoned the .38 cal pistol and adopted the .45 cal as a standard sidearm.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

It ain't the kick it's the flick.

lol... the crap you only read on web forums. sheesh. :D
    This was not done to 'toughen' there nutsack. No nutsack is tougher than a .45 ACP round... I'll bet money on it. It was done in a way that the only possible way to releive the pressure was to run like a maniac. If you couldn't run charges against infantry before... you could after having your nutsack tied up with catgut or sinew.

There are modern day variations on this I've seen people pull... guys that are bangin' away will have a girl tie off their testacles with a wide rubber band... stopping the blood from flowing back out of the penus... there by keeping it erect... lol.... it's so full of things that can go wrong... and I've said too much already. :eek:

To answer the original question... I've been kicked square in the testacles by someone wearing a pair of Stacey Adams (homeboy dress shoes with a hard pointy toe)... I went on to knock him and his brother out... it didn't really hurt like what you'd expect...

then...

I've had some silly duck reach over and flick my nutsack the same way your flick a crumb off the table.. F-A-H-LICK!!!!! I went down in pain... eyes streaming... managing to take out the wall mounted bedside lamp at the same time... 4 stitches to the side of my head later I was still sick to my stomach from the flick.

It ain't the kick it's the flick. :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  4. Brunstick

Brunstick (^_^) I need a girlfriend

or the slap, like in my case. :p

-nico-

5. Artice

Artice New Member

I've heard your voice could even change if you get hit in the Nads. But i heard that playing tennis where tennis balls can go 100km+/hour.

6. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Hah! I was just fishing,my friend. I wanted to see if anybody would claim to know how to do it. Then, if possible, I would pay him a visit.

The art of toughening the groin isn't entirely crap. About two years ago, a Kung Fu expert demonstrated on national TV that was aired nationwide in the Philippines how he could withstand HAMMER blows to his groin. He placed part of his anatomy on a table and had it hammered SEVERAL times. It was a straighforward affair. It was difficult to fake that demo. There was a medical doctor present during the demonstration who attested that while no tricks were involved, he could offer no explanation why there was no damage.

In another demo seen on video, a Kung Fu adept demonstrated receiving kicks to the groin and suffering no ill effects.

My arnis instructor once told me he was amazed he met a Chikung adept who tied 20Lbs weights to his balls without feeling any pain. Unfortunatewly, the man died a few weeks later after I heard the story and had no chance to meet him. The other guys who practise this skill are understandably reluctant to be exposed and risk being ridiculed.

As for your explanation about the juramentados, it is PURELY conjencture. They didn't tie their balls so tightly that it caused them pain. They couldn't have rushed their opponents if they did. Read all the other posts about how the guys reacted physically when they felt pain in the balls. THEY WERE IN NO CONDITION TO LAUNCH AN ATTACK. You obviously don't know how it was done. I don't either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2005
  7. Brunstick

While i was reading that, i was cringing and was screaming "OUCH!!!!!!" out loud. Even if i was a kungfu expert that could do that, i still would not want my jewels taking blows from a hammer. come to think of it, if i was there, i would've probably volunteered a sledgehammer, just to see if his training was effective. now, all these questions pop up in my head. HOW EXACTLY DO YOU TRAIN FOR THAT KIND OF BLOWS?!?!?! i mean - do you just, out of the blue - put your testicles on the table and just start hammering on it? is conditioning your shins similar to conditioning "that" part of your anatomy? it still makes me cringe just thinking about it. *OUCH!*

-nico-

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

sheesh! some people have no respect for mr. pototoy! what has he ever done to you to deserve such treatement (i mean aside from many many bad decissions but you were part of that too)? :D

even if my teacher said: "this technique will toughen up your nether regions" i'd still be very very hessitant to test it.

9. Brunstick

Well, Mr. Pututuy is definitely the most abused part of our anatomy, but that is just taking the abuse to the extreme.

even if my teacher said that, i will NOT test it. I want my own children someday.

-nico-

10. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Nut Cracker

This thread has produced valuable personal testimonies and insights:
    1) Striking the groin does not debilitate a man 100% of the time, contrary to popular belief.
    2) A man may still continue to fight even when hit solidly in the groin
    3) Some people have the unusual ability to withstand pain

There is an art, albeit very rare, that teaches adepts to protect their nuts. The Chinese know this as the art of the Iron Crotch. However, this skill is taught only after one has learned to toughen all other parts of his body, beginning with the abdomen (the easiest to toughen) and limbs, then the back, shins, and so on. The Iron Crotch, therefore, is not a one-trick pony skill but represents a very high level of conditioning available only to experts who are already tough.

To hurt a guy with a groin strike, the nuts must be hit with speed to make them collide with the pubes. It is this sandwich effect that causes debilitating pain. Otherwise, the nuts will just be 'pushed' and the force will depisitate. The flicking attack, however, is a very fast technuique that will not 'push' the nuts but will cause excruciating pain since the force will be inside rather than used to push the target away. I think the reason why some guys survived a groin attack was because their nuts were actually 'pushed' rather than struck. Of course this is just my theory. My own experiences seems to validate it.

Once I was teaching a lady some self-defense moves and while I was still explaining the mechanics of the knee strike, she suddenly kneed me in the groin for reasons only she knew. I felt her knee dig squarely into me, but felt no real pain. All I felt was my nuts sway freely, aided by the fact that I was not wearing any underwear then. Not wearing underwear during training was a trick I learned from a young Korean master. Anyway, since then, I was motivated to research on more efficient ways of attacking the groin.

Does anybody here have any special method of attacking the groin?

11. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Yes... kick or strike between the legs of a male subject :p

12. Brunstick

open palm slap to the crotch. and btw, i do not enjoy palming people's groin. hahahaha! lol! :D

-nico-

13. RedBagani

RedBagani Valued Member

Didn't a wise guy once say "Do unto others what you enjoy being done to you"? I think I got this quote wrong. :eek: It can't possibly apply to the martial arts. There's a mpore relevant quote: "Better to give than to receive". :Angel:

14. WeenusBandit

WeenusBandit New Member

Getting hit in the groin will hurt no matter what. Sometimes you can get hit dead on and it won't hurt that bad because you have an oversized dong or something. It all depends on your berries being in the right place- if you have huge nuts and a small peter then you're doomed. Your trouser steak is the only protection if you don't have a cup.

15. WeenusBandit

WeenusBandit New Member

There's a whole bunch of good games to play with groin strikes. One of my favorites is 'mosquito' where you just walk up to a random person and backfist them in the nuts and yell 'MOSQUITO' lol another one is the 'What's the capital of Thailand? BANGCOCK!!' and then hit them in the balls. I don't know though..that's just my highschool humor. Any other games you know of?

16. Brunstick

actually red, i think it was a wise man that said that. being a wiseguy is similar to our pilosopo.

i agree with you, i prefer the second quote.

-nico-

17. shootodog

halaka! you called redb a pilosopo. pilyong batang to! (cheeky kid)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  18. Brunstick

i did not call him pilosopo! i was merely pointing out the fact that there is a difference between a wise guy and a wise man.

-nico-

19. shootodog

your still in trouble. you know that right? :p

20. Brunstick

stop scaring me! grrr!

-nico-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.