What do you train in?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chris.B, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

Well I've started doing more training now out of the dojo and I don't want to keep having to wash my gi. So at home what do you train in, like sweat pants what? I don't think wearing jeans or soething are the best for trainng at home.

2. nekogami13

nekogami13 Master of all I Survey

If it's cold out, sweats.
    If it's warm, light cotton pants or shorts-sleeveless t-shirt.
    Just wear whatever is comfortable.

3. Relosa

Relosa New Member

That's how it is for me as well. I could train in whatever I wanted though because I do a kick check when I try on pants front, side, and back kick and if I can do it confortably then I'll usually buy them.

4. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Track pants, t shirt.

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

try training in all your clothes. Cos if you get attacked and ur wearing jeans which are slightly restrictive, you'll be used to it and wont throw u off balance.
    Usually i wear whatever is loose fitting when i train at home. If practising throws n stuff, i'll have the other person wearing whatever they want so we can get an idea of where to grab.

6. sfjohn

sfjohn New Member

You know what I have found to be great for really working out and sweating in is a pair of Thai shorts and a wife beater. They are great for working out and since the Thai shorts let your body breath so well you won't have to do so much laundry. :)

7. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

train in whatever you have at home that's comfortable

8. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

Sweat pants and white t-shirt. When I go running I slip on a pullover and that usually keeps me warm ( I go at night). Sometimes I go in GI-pants and see how that works.

:woo: