what do you think of street fighting weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by JLD Boy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. JLD Boy

JLD Boy New Member

Heres a little quiz that I need answers for that will help me for the weapons oral I am doing at school!

1. Which of the following weapons would you use in a fight if you could choose from:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Brass Knuckles/Knuckle dusters
    - Butterfly knives

2. What your opinion is on the laws against these weapons

3. which do you think you can conseal on your body and how would you conceal them?

4. How many and which ones could you conceal at the same time?

5. Have you ever used any of these weapons in combat on the streets when you were in a confrontational situation?

6. Which weapon would you most like to excel in:
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

7. Which weapon do you currently train with or have trained with?
    - Nunchaku
    - Sai
    - 3 sectional staff
    - Butterfly knives

Cheers!
    And if you have any good info on any of these 5 weapons please send any links or info to my email address scrad_lenz@hotmail.com

2. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

1) I'd use nunchaku. Light weight, fast speed, and easy to handle.
    2) They have too broad of a low on what a 'weapon' is.
    3) Exept the first three, the others are small, pocket size. The three section staff can be banded to the shin in the leg. Stick the sais in the waist of your pants in a comfortable position, but can't sit down. lol The nunchaku can be fitted into the waist, also.
    4) I could conseal all of them, but I'd personally only carry the nunchaku if law wasn't against it. After some odd training, I'd take the sais.
    5) I lost a knife right before a fight, but I never would have used it. Some people just think they can take a MAist with a weapon.
    6) For flash, I'd do the nunchaku or three section staff. For street, I'd excel in the nunchaku or sais.
    7) I've been vaguely trained in the nunchaku, basic strikes and a decent amount of flash.

Pretty good quiz. I like taking MA quizes, and you made a good one. Thanks.

3. shootodog

shootodog restless native

the best weapons for a streetfight would be the ones you could get your hands on.

billyclubs, baseball bats, cricket clubs, bottles, trashcan covers, lead pipes, metal nails, chains, chair legs, etc.

if you were really ready for it, you could bring an axe, a tactical folder, a baston, a police batton, an icepick, a 2ft. long screw driver (flat), a bolo, pepper spray, dulo-dulo, etc.

a pistol would be optimal.

the weapons you just mention rarely make it into a streetfight.

4. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

I would probably go with a taser dart. Non-lethal and effective.

5. Tomanak

Tomanak Nil Desperendum

Question #1

I have always maintained, in my personal opinion and experience, that the knife is the great equalizer in a streetfight. Once a knife comes out, all technique, timing, and range flies out the window. FIGHTING MODE must then be replaced by SURVIVAL MODE. For this reason, I choose the Sai, assuming it is already out, available, and that I don't have to conceal it. The only reason I prefer the Sai over the Buterfly Knife (Balisong) is because of deployment time. The advantage of the Sai (or any edged/pointed weapon) is that the caution area is already exposed, and minimal contact produces maximum damage.
    My second choice would be the Brass Knuckles. In 10 to 15 seconds into a streetfight, it will go to the ground. A shot to the ribs -- or better yet, the ear-- with Brass Knuckles on will end the streetfight quickly.

Question #2

Our laws vary from state to state, but I guess that I am generally in agreement with them (especially for edged weapons). I think that a person should train really hard, really alive with weapons in their school. Once they become proficient, legal/ incidental weapons (wrenches, bottles, screwdrivers, etc.) will be surprisingly just as efficient when the need arises.

Question #3

All my 4 belts are extra long at the tip (opposite the buckle). When I wear them with my pants, there is a bit of slack (towards my left pocket, if you can imagine it). I had a local store fashion straps at the back of this extra length that perfectly hides a model A industrial paper/plaster cutter. It is lightweight, thin, locks into place, razor-sharp, and causes hairline incisions that cause profuse bleeding. When a person is in an aggressive/ agitated state, the sight of his own blood will instictively trigger the flight response.
    The other weapons you mentioned are pretty hard to conceal, except for the Butterfly Knife.

Question #4

Refer to above answer. When in a streetfight, controlling your adrenaline is the most important thing. In my opinion, you really won't have the time to deploy (and use) multiple weapons. One edged weapon will do nicely.

Question #5

None among those you mentioned, thank god. I have used my cutter from a seated position, though. My voice was well modulated and non-confrontational, my right hand made a gesture of non-resistance, while my left hand reached under the table and sliced through the thigh of drunk frat boy holding a beer bottle over my sister's head. I regret that evening ever happened at all, and I pray another one like it never does.

Question #6

Definitely not the Nunchaks or the staff. My training is more geared towards edged/ short impact weapons.

Question #7

With the exception of Brass Knuckles (how do you train with brass knuckles??) all of them, at one time or another.

Hope that helps. Good luck to you.

6. Splinter

Splinter Valued Member

How do you train with brass knuckles, you train in boxing of punching.

7. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

3 section suckers!
    I'm not that great with it so prolly nunchuku, but i don't practise with those.
    the law against it in canada
    totally gay, how often are gang members gonna use a 3 section staff without bashing their own heads in!?
    to conceal them?
    just wear a big coat with an elastic strap inside.
    and every once in awhile i play with my home made 3 sectional.

8. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

1. Which of the following weapons would you use in a fight if you could choose from: Nunchaku. Doesn't take much strength to crack a skull with these babies. Since you most likely wouldn't see these things on the street, a long piece of pipe would serve well to keep my opponent(s) at bay.

2. What your opinion is on the laws against these weapons: Governments are too damn politically correct, and try to persecute martial artists as brutal savages. Not to mention that if put before the court, having martial arts training counts as an unfair advantage, and you'll probably be accused of taking deliberate and merciless advantage of your opponent, even more so if weapons are involved.

3. which do you think you can conseal on your body and how would you conceal them? None, mainly because my clothing doesn't have the looseness required, and I don't have any jackets.

4. How many and which ones could you conceal at the same time? Read above answer.

5. Have you ever used any of these weapons in combat on the streets when you were in a confrontational situation? Not traditional weaponry as such, but a piece of chain served well as a three sectional staff of sorts. Keeping it taut and holding it equal distances from the middle helped a lot.

6. Which weapon would you most like to excel in: Sai, mainly because it's generally a defensive weapon, unless you strike.

7. Which weapon do you currently train with or have trained with? All, except for knuckle dusters.

9. Nikeolls

Nikeolls New Member

Fists?​