What do you do when someone walks in, who reconds they are a sombody?

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Singto Laaw, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Singto Laaw

Singto Laaw Strictly Muay Thai

:bang:
    So what do you do when you get a new student, who reconds he is such and such from such and such?

You know, he has very good technique, excellent power, and very convincing smile.

Is it a hoax, or could he be the student of such and such.

This is the scond time this has happened to me over the last couple of years, 1st time spoted the lie a mile of. This time, not so easy.... great if it is true, big shame if its not.

On the one hand if he isnt who he says he is, then you lose a student with excellent technique. But dont get called sucker!

But on the other hand you keep the student, knowing he isnt from where he says he is. But get called a sucker. (You never know he might come clean eventually).

are you gonna take the red pill or the blue pill? What do you think?!!

I cant be specific, because I am still doing my research.... but this is big for me and my club if its true.. and if not, oh well.... sabai sabai.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

we had a guy come to our thai boxing class who claimed to be some lau gar kung fu legend! what my teacher did was put him with a guy who kicks like a mule to test his metal. he limped out of class and has never been back. this doesnt realy answer your question :rolleyes:

3. Jim

Jim New Member

Does it matter if they are who they say they are?

If they can do well in your ring, then good. If not, then bad. Regardless of who they trained with before they still have to be up to scratch in your class/hall/Dojo, etc.

4. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

the hell cares what his name is?