What do you do in your first boxing lesson?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Martial artist, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Martial artist

Martial artist New Member

What do you do in your first boxing lesson?

I was wondering is £5 a week worth for boxing lessons. And how much do you pay for your boxing lessons?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Probably conditioning, how to stand, and a few basic punches.

That depends on how often you can train for that.

3. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

The boxers at the school I train in pay $10(australian) per class.

4. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

When I trained many years ago it was skipping, skipping and more skipping. After that you could have a break and go for a run, followed by bag work or shadow boxing. It may have changed now that we are in the new millennium.

5. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

the absolute first thing most rainers do is show you how to stand, then they usually spend the rest of the session working on footwork and a jab. usually the first couple of session focus on the jab since it is the single most important punch in boxing.

Like my instructor told me "the jab is the only punch, that if that is all you throw, you can win the fight"

6. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

P.S. I train for free with friends of mine so I really wouldn't know how much lessos cost.

7. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

Duck

Attached Files:

8. pug32

pug32 Valued Member

At my gym you spent most of the first lessons on footwork, they would also take you on the pads for some basics. Then of course the conditioning :)

It was 2 or 3 quid for a couple of hours i think

9. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

My first boxing lesson i took involved alittle conditioning, basic footwork and introduction into the jab :)

10. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

That squirrel could kick all our arsses.

11. shootodog

shootodog restless native

dunno about that, he has that blank vacant look in his eyes. maybe he'son something.

1st day at gym? hmmm... jog to warm-up, stretching, footwork drills, footwork drills, footwork drills, footwork drills, footwork drills and when we were knackered footwork drills to cool down.

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

La Mancha, its not a duck!

13. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

I'm considering attended classes at a boxing gym.....how long before people start to try to knock me out?

14. shootodog

shootodog restless native

depends on how fast you progress from foot work, basic punching, bag work, pad work, pad work combos,

then again, it depends on the program of the gym you're in.

15. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Depends on how much you train.

I think boxing gyms are great...

In my experience, much cheaper than other MA dojos/dojang etc. I know of a few places were its 50p (£0.50) for 2 hours.

Also the work ethic and emphasis on conditioning your body to fight is great

You are pushed hard but the results show.