What did you get for Xmas?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by angry, Dec 24, 2004.

1. angry

angry Valued Member

Hey did, any one get martial arts related gifts for Xmas???

I gave a couple of embroided black belts to my top students and a couple of uniforms, a few books on various arts and one set of focus mits.

I didn't get anything back related to the arts. (I've got a lot of stuff already!)

I hope you are all having/had a great Christmas and have a great new year of martials arts ahead!

Mark

2. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

LOL!..dude...some of us are still on December 24th! :D

3. xxblackkatxx

xxblackkatxx The Gimpy Taekwon Monkey!

i got nunchakus for x-mas from my sisters BF... i'm so insanely happy you don't even know ^_^ lol

it was an early present, in case you hadn't guessed, lol. (he had to go to work and wouldn't have seen me otherwise...yo)

4. NRees

NRees Taekwon-Do II Degree

I got a book called "The Martial Arts Athlete" by Tom Seabourne.

5. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I got a judo gi, and i'll probably buy a few things with any money i get.

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

So far, even though it's only the 24th, I've received the DVD-Hero with Jet Li :D

Okay.....just hot off the press.....I got a Ram Jersey in my favorite number...#21 (worn by Nolan Cromwell-Safety back when they were in Los Angeles) :D :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  7. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

I haven't gotten any martial arts-related stuff, but I've given some: gave my best friend a tanto, and I'm making a mosaic out of boards I've broken for another friend.

So far, though, I've gotten a gift certificate for a video game store (which I sorely needed after finals-aka-hell-on-earth), a sweater which is actually pretty neat, a Ragnarok Online calendar and sumo wrestling program from aforementioned best friend from Japan.

Oh: I should mention the one MA gift I will be getting: a brand new purple belt and cert on account of me passing my last belt test this month! :D

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004
  8. sean

sean THOR!

Christmas Is Over Already!? Aaah I Over Slept!

9. Karate_Man_1288

Karate_Man_1288 New Member

No MA realted stuff, but having girl's from school give you stuff is like a pre christmas. I got lots of candy but I'm don't have much of a sweet tooth

10. BlackDragon

BlackDragon New Member

well for those of us here in the states it is still Dec.24 But either way marry Xmas to all of my martial art's brothers and sisters out there where ever you are.

11. Splush

Splush Valued Member

Yep. So happy Christmas Eve!

Well I havn't got any gifts yet, but I have an idea of what I am getting.

TKD shoes from my aunt.
    New sparring gear from my mom.
    Angel S1 on DVD, from my gram

And Possibly other things, most likely MA related.

But with the money I get from X-mas....I am going to spend most of it at Tiger Strike or some other online MA store.

12. Aint got any yet - Not crimbo here :cry:

I should be getting with regards to martial arts (should everything go well :D)...
    • New Nunchaku (first wood ones :D)
    • The PKA DVD (I already have received it :D)
    • New uniform

Hehe - we get our belts embroidered free when we pass :D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  13. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Ordered "the smashing machine" which I'm really excited about seeing. It looks tragic.

Also a rash guard, fight shorts and 2 tshirts from MMAgear.com.

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

The DVD? Sorry to dissapoint you, but it's not worth it. My dad rented it for me a week ago. I mean, it's good and all, but not worth buying. :p

PL

15. Which DVD are we referring to?

16. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

i got two king of the cage DVDs from my sister :D

17. Florida Warlock

Florida Warlock Banned Banned

Not exactly martial arts related, but I got a glaive (the thing Blade throws in Blade Trinity). It's really nice, it's somewhat smaller but had three sets of double blades that you twist to make into six blades, and you either twist again or twist in the opposite direction twice to get two separate glaives. It's black, so it looks really cool.

And I'll probably spend my money on either nuchaku or a bokken.

18. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Wow, I would really love to get an embroidered black belt personally from my instructor. I would be even more thrilled and honoured if it were my instructor's old belt. Not going to happen though. I'm not a blackbelt for one, and for another there are people in my group higher than me, and for another as far as I know, my instructors have never done anything like that.

I don't know what I'm got for Christmas yet... I only woke up an hour ago and haven't yet opened a single present. Pretty sure I ain't got any MA stuff though. Hey, but I know I got leather gloves and leather boots. :D I think the rest of what I got is clothes, calendar, books and... >examines clinking sound< and alcohol from Santa. :D

19. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

"The Smashing Machine" :rolleyes:

We open our presents after we eat supper on Christmas Eve, so I already got mine.

Keyboard for computer. My old one has all the letters pretty much gone through wear and tear. I don't care, I never need to look, but when someone else is using the computer they get mad. :p

Cleaning vacuum for keyboards. Will NEVER use this. By the time a keyboard gets dusty and dirty enough for it, I can just buy a new one, since it will probably be beat up anyway. I had my old old keyboard for so long there was a groove for my thumb on the spacebar. The dirt and dust still never affected it.

Assload of fancy chocolate candies. I should have probably asked for some protein shake mix, but I never thought about it. =/

New set of PJ's. Hey, what can I say? I like sleeping in PJ's.

$70 for the new gi that I bought for BJJ.

What I bought for people:

Super Mario Party 6 for brother.

Books for parents (don't even know what they were, they picked them out, I just payed :p)

DDR Extreme for PS2 + 2 Level Six dance pads for sister. Sadly, the pads haven't gotten here yet, so I felt stupid that she couldn't even play the game. =/

PL

20. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Mmm... last year my girlfriend gave me a couple of thai boxe gloves.

This year I did some presents to my self:
    1. Ross Enamait's book
    2. Some WWE dvds (ok, not related to martial arts, but I like Goldberg)

I didn't open the presents, yet, but I feel she bought me a MP3 player... ok, I managed to see it while she did the packages but she doesnt' know!