What book are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Microwave Spectroscopy by CH Townes and AL Schawlow.

No, Scarlet would not recommend it to anyone on MAP

2. SuperSloth

SuperSloth New Member

Working my way through John le Carre. I like spys and Russia. If you do too, read them.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I read it. IMHO it's a very good parody and much better than 'bored of the rings'
    it's still just a parody though- bits of it are just silly and unfunny and ultimately unoriginal.

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I'm reading Cliff Notes on the Old Testament.
    Really! They actually made a Cliff Notes for the OT!

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I guess if they can make a Readers Digest version of the Bible, then why not a Cliffs Notes? :D

6. killbill

killbill New Member

Eon by Greg Bear

7. alexxlea

alexxlea Valued Member

The Invisible Man

Going invisible (metaphorically of course) is always good in a fight.

Oh and according to copyright laws in the US parody is always legal, how do you think all those shows and movies etc. get away with it? LIKE THE ENTIRE THUMBS SERIES!!! WOOO!
    Thumb Wars etc. etc. rocked... (movies though)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  8. ninposam

ninposam hojo man

Tales from the perilous realm. J.R.R. Tolkien

9. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

There's a very good LOTR parody on the internet, called The Diaries, not suitable for MAP though :Angel: I've reserved Barry Trotter.

10. killbill

killbill New Member

XD at booksies sig

11. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

heh heh got it, thanks booksie :D very funny :D

12. Jame$

Jame$ New Member

I'm reading the godfather at the moment. Mario Puzo is a class writer.
    I haven't even seen the film! I look forward to watching it once I've read the novel.

13. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

i'm reading Red dwarf: Infinity welcomes safe drivers
    and 'the man who mistook his wife for a hat'

14. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

The Sience of Martial Arts Training
    charles l. staley, MSS

Has everything about training, broken down, yah id reccomend it, its interesting.

'Everybody poops' is a good book too. :)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  15. booksie_girl

Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors
    by
    Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan

Very interesting, it goes back to the origins of life, as best known by science, and traces it to the present, and in the process explains why things are the way they are, why people behave the way they do, and a lot more that I've still got to read.

16. budogirl

budogirl Armed and fabulous!

I've just read "Swahili for the Broken hearted" by Peter Moore (he is dumped by his girlfriend and so travels for 6 months from Cape Town to Cairo.

Now I'm reading "Getting away with it" by Tim Southwell - the story of Loaded magazine. Loaded was/is aimed at "For men who should know better" but I first read it cos I liked the fun stuff (Dr Mick, rogues gallery, crisps world cup etc.) and hedonistic attitude they all had to life. :D

17. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Just finished reading Tokyo by Mo Hayder. Excellent story of a london girl in modern day Japan, looking for a possible evidence of what the japanese did in Nanking (1937)

18. ROokie

ROokie New Member

well iv just finsihed

''natural born fighters'' by craig goldman and im aobut to start ''the guv'nor''which is about lennie MClean a very hard man fir those who dont know.

19. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

Currently reading 'Good Omens' by Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett also 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis

Good combo, read a little about a demon uncle telling his nephew how to currupt his subject (Screwtape Letters) and then a humorous slant on the apocalypse with angels and demons (Good Omens) :D

20. booksie_girl

Just finished The Fellowship of the Ring

<flame bait>
    I'd read LOTR once before, in year 7, 4 years ago, didn't like it all that much then, and I didn't remember it much. I have to say that, while the book explained some things that weren't entirely clear in the movie, and had more detail, this was one of the few books where the movie was better than the book.
    </bait>

Wonder what WW will say to that? :Angel: