What Belt In Judo Are You?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by TAPOUT, Aug 13, 2003.

1. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

Im currently a Brown Belt

2. Jim

Jim New Member

2nd Dan, but I haven't been tested in 11 years.

3. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

how come you must have enough points by now 11 years how long you been doin judo

4. Jim

Jim New Member

21 years I've been training, but I've stopped trying to progress in the traditional sense. Too much 'politics'.

5. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

ha ok

good stuff

6. mig29

mig29 New Member

I´m White Belt :p. Ikkyu.
    What kind of politics you are talking about?
    I realized after 7 months training that competitions can be bad for the progress in judo because you develop muscular explosion and strenght but forget the quality of the techniques...
    There´s too much stuff like associations requiring fees for competitions, the weight categorys (it goes against the idea of using judo for take out bigger persons).
    The better is just take the classes and pratice everyday :D

7. AikiSamurai

AikiSamurai New Member

I'm white belt in Judo as well, well cause I just started about a month ago.

8. Stick

Stick New Member

green/san kyu

I haven't hit the judo mat in 7 years, been doing BJJ and full contact karate. I missed the throws so I'm back as of Monday.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2004
  9. Adam

Adam New Member

White, and I intend to stay a white for the rest of my life if I am to have any say in the matter :)

10. Hybrid_Killer

Hybrid_Killer New Member

Was a blue belt before i moved on to BJJ...I plan to start judo again once I find another school.

11. b19vny

b19vny Valued Member

White belt - and have been doing Judo for two months. Nidan in Shotokan Karate . . . which I am slowly giving up in favour of Judo.

12. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

white belt. I don't car much about belts but I do hope to get a brown belt in the near future

13. brown belt

brown belt New Member

brown belt 1st kyu- been doing judo 4 and a haf years

14. FortuneFaded

FortuneFaded Feel my Squirrely wrath!

White belt- 3 months down the line at the moment, currently i can pull off a reaaaaly mean tao otoshi, kouricha gari and osotgaeshi's, i'm good with the foot swipes...

15. blackbelt_judoj

blackbelt_judoj New Member

I'm a first Dan and proud. Am going for my second Dan this summer. Wish me luck!

16. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

Ikkyu, soon to be going for my Shodan. Been training for a total of 13 - 14 years.

17. Natcall

Natcall New Member

My Grade

4th Dan and points to my 5th, compete in the masters circuit also. C U at the Irish Open

18. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

I'm a blue belt in Judo. I sometimes wonder whether I'll ever make it to black....

19. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I didn't. Probably should have made the extra effort to build up the points, but my heart just wasn't in it any more. I've not regretted moving on to jujutsu though, so I guess I'm happy with my new "home"

20. zumtream

zumtream Valued Member

Orange. Should go up to Green or bult at the next competitive grading hopfully.