What are your feelings on dugs and alcohol?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Terry Matthes, Oct 1, 2003.

1. BladeMaster

BladeMaster New Member

I drink, but not whilst training.
    And I've never tried any drugs.

2. alie_abeth

alie_abeth New Member

Balance

Hey,
    I definitely agree with Cain. We were created with a brain (and body) to let us know where the limit is when it comes to drinking, drugs, etc. SO my advice? Drink casually. If you begin to feel wierd , stop. It's very simple. And also, dietitions today say that one beer or glass of wine is actually GOOD for you (cleans out your system.)
    Good luck and make good decisions.
    alie abeth

3. Paratus

Paratus aka Mr. Rue

I guess none of you have had a bad enough expirence to not do drugs or alcohol

4. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

paratus - you're wrong. some of us were informed of the consequences and we want it 'easy'

5. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Some can handle themselves others can't it's as simple as that.

6. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

and some others just doesn't want to

7. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

I was refering to us that have made the choice to drink.

8. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Re: Balance

I have heard the same thing but I haven't heard it about beer. What I heard was dietitians associating the occasional glass of wine with longevity. But what you must realize is that there is a difference between correlation and causality. The correlation between people who live longer and people who drink wine is that wine is the drink of the upper class and the upper class have access to better medical care and healthier lifestyles and therefore live longer. The causality is unlikely.

9. Jim

Jim New Member

I hate Dugs, man. There was this one who tried to kill Ani in a race but he managed to get past him and win in the end (even though Watto had bet against him) and even broke up the Dugs' racer! That was s-w-e-e-t as... :D

10. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

You have to die of something, you might as well choose what it is.

The day I find out I have terminal cancer, I'll steal a Ferarri, rob a bank, buy a ridiculously expensive bottle of single malt whisky, neck it, try heroin and drive off a cliff as fast as possible.
    My only regret will be forgetting women.....Doh!

Training under the influence?

Nah, that's pathetic.

11. alie_abeth

alie_abeth New Member

No offense to anybody here but what is with the "8-fold path?" Is it like Buddhist or something??

12. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

BTW I didnt mean "training" as the moment you practice. I mean the phrase "training" as like in the same week you have class; as long as you are active in the art. ex have a drink on monday and have class on wed.

13. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Christ, I'd be suprised if you could get back into the car after all that! :D

Col

14. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

No, I just made it up.

15. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

you meen to say there is no deep spiritual meaning Eight ..
    you know like the 8 symbolises infinity as in we are all conected as in the end is the beginning is the end.... what a let down

16. Megilar

Megilar New Member

Um... so is this still about drugs and alcohol, or is it now about Buddhism? ...or maybe both.

anyways, i believe that drinking is for special circumstances (for example, New Years, Christmas... parties.....). Other than that there are better 'drinks' out there (like grape juice!) for casual drinking. I've only consumed a substantial amount of alcohol once before, and even then i knew when to stop. I discovered that 'getting drunk' is not something to do every now and then. Once every 2 months sounds about right.

And as for drugs, I've only smoked something once. And that was the same time i consumed alcohol, so i didn't notice any difference (it all felt pretty weird). However, contrary to my belief in alcohol consumption, my opinion on drugs is that it is something you should never do. They really do screw you up.

My Biology teacher in High School was a black belt (1st or 2nd dan) in Goju Ryu (trained in the same dojo as I). He was the equivalent of a college teacher, only in high school. He also taught Driver's Ed, and when i was in his class, we had to study drugs and alcohol. He told us of a story of someone he knew who tried shrooms when he was a teenager. Since shrooms are primarily fat tissue (along with your brain), the chemicals that gave him the temporary hi stayed with him for years in his brain. And then, as he was driving down the interstate years later, the chemicals were released and he drove off a damaged bridge.

So basically, kids, don't do drugs.

17. informah

informah New Member

u guys r softies

i bun weed evry day

its all good its all rightt bun it all day bun it alll nighht!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

Someone lock this thread lol

19. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

is there anyone here with drug taking experiance since childhood who is over say 35-40 who can tell us the differance between there brain and a 20 day old cabbage

20. TigerAn1

TigerAn1 A Southern Praying Mantis

Shot and a beer before each and every class! Chase with a Red Bull. Everything a growing boy needs!