What are your feelings on dugs and alcohol?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Terry Matthes, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

How do you feel about training while using drugs or alcohol?

I don't want to make this a poll because there are too many variables involved. I just wanted to know how all of you feel about using drugs or alcahol when training. By this I mean do you casually drink, not drink at all ect. For drugs marijuana is a pretty common drug, does anyone here use it while they train or not at all?

Personally I drink about once a week, but when I do it's usually quite a bit (in upwards of 10 beer or 10oz of hard liquer) I am going to try and cut that to about half, or at least that is my goal.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2003
  2. tai-gip

tai-gip New Member

"What are your feelings on drugs and alcohol"

Well generaly i think i have a heightened sense of perception my balance goes funny and i feel kind of warm and fuzy:)

Terry you ruined my attempt at humor with your edit......
    ps everyone please note the quote "what are your feelings on drugs and alcohol" was the original title of this post and i realy was trying to be funny

3. Cain

Cain New Member

I don't do either, I drank only once in my life and that was 'cause it was my 18th b'day ;)

But I sure as hell won't do it again 'cause it's just not me.

I am fine with people who drink occasionally it's their choice. But I have something called a brain that tells me not to go for either ;)

|Cain|

4. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Dont drink anymore.

5. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

MJ here is illegal

I quit drinking a year ago

6. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Re: How do you feel about training while using drugs or alcohol?

Terry.... Should I be worried here?

Do I have to start giving you a breathalizer and a drug test before class....?

7. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

When training...Don't touch it.

Not training...

8. Terry Matthes

Terry Matthes New Member

lol no Sensai I was just thinking about dropping drinking alltogeather since it's expensive and gets me in trouble, but on the other hand I have had a lot of fun times with labbat lite and tequila . . . So hard to decide. That's why I asked about others opinions :D

PS- Sensai . . you have drug tests?? Can I borrow one, I swear my algebra prof teaches us geometry while on the hookah

9. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Ok... good...

Now pee in this...

10. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Humm I'm not a big fan of drug or alcahol, but I did drink once on purpose just to see how it feel like to be drunk. I started doing my drunken boxing after, and the footwork is much easier when im actually under the influence of alcahol. haha :D I didnt have to fake my drunken step, but actually go with the flow. ;) Then I when back to the studio, and started teaching like usual. Hey is my first time drinking, and I guess I had too much. I was like mind over matter, I can do this. No one will be able to tell I'm a little drunk. It was tuesday night, we usually do some acrobatic movement after kata. I told one of the girl to do aerial (no handed carwheel), she was like spot me, and I was OKAY. Then when she did it, I ended up missing her by like a mile. lol :confused: I'm glad she didnt mess up too bad and crash on her head. That was like the most embrassing moment in my life. So drug, and alcahol combine with martial art??? Uh uhmm it dosent work well through my experience. I had to admit I did like it while I was performing my drunken boxing tho, It was one of my best drunken form ever performed. :love:

11. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

Drinking: I stopped that years ago and only have maybe a beer or two a year or just a glass of wine.

Drugs: I've never done any of that and I haven't even tried grass. (I don't even smoke).

Life's crazy enough as it is...why make it worse?

12. Kat

Kat Valued Member

Wow I'm suprised you are all a very clean living bunch.

I have tried, used,experiemented with a lot of "Drugs" and don't fell any of the experiences have been negative except a few.
    Social Drinker but not heavy or regular.
    Still chuff occasionally,great for redpoints.
    Heavily addicted to my Coffee,(actually just 2/3 cups a day but I love those cups)
    Plus my forrays with Sports drugs such as Creatine etc
    Training : I guess its just coffee that I use regularly,and it is a great stimulent for sports events(pre not during,yes I know its a duriectic).
    Can't see much benefit in using illegal stimulents for training,but can see why some would turn to it for events or troubled situations.
    I wouldn't underestimate a dude off his head on goey.
    (had been in a fight situation with a guy pilling and speeding off his head,got to admit he wasn't feeling the hits,took 3 of us to hold him down)

13. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

dugs are fine. Although in humans, they are more usually referred to as 'breasts' ;)
    Alchohol- generally OK, except you do have to remember that it often makes you behave like a gimp
    Drugs- I've never done anything much harder than marijuana. I honestly do not feel that there's much wrong with taking hash for pleasure...
    'There is no drug known to man whose production and use is made safer if it is turned over to criminals'...

On the other hand, you can't argue that taking drugs is good for your health.

14. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Training while drinking or using drugs? Last time I tried that I spilled my pint.

15. Cain

Cain New Member

SPPPPPPFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!!

Bwahahahaha! I just gave my monitor a cola bath!!!:D

|Cain|

16. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Mmmm, nothing wrong with a few cool beers, eh Yoda! :D

Col

17. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Drugs and alcohol? I don't use either (I assume that by "drugs" you mean "recreational" drugs, and not medicine prescribed by a doctor). Well, one exception, I'll have a few sips of wine or champagne on major holidays.

18. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

I don't drink alcohol, only a few sips of champagne for New Years. I don't even drink coffee. I don't smoke. I can say that I lead a healthy life. I have a looot of energy and I feel good about myself. so why would I need drugs or something similar? many people can't have a good time at a party if they don't get drunk. how stupid!!!!

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I hardly drink, don't smoke, I don't have caffiene. However, I used to smoke and drink like it was going out of fashion! As for drugs, I've never touched them in my life, and never plan to.

I think drinking and taking soft drugs (grass) is fine. Its when it starts to interfere with your "normal" life i.e. going training drunk, that it becomes a problem.

20. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I have never done either, and have no reason to start.