What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo
    I had given up on Aerosmith. After the solid "Done With Mirrors" Cd the next decade and a half was mired in mediocracy( dude looks like a lady, love in an elevator, other assorted crap). Then they drop this 2004 gem which pays homage to their roots as a great bad-ass blues-rock band. 12 covers of classic blues songs done up dirty, gritty and raw as only the real Aerosmith can do it. Welcome back boys. Road runner, Stop messin' around, Baby please don't go, Back back train, The grind.

2. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Wanted! The Outlaws - Waylon/Willie/Jessi/Tompall
    After flippin' the bird to Nashville(literally and figuratively) Waylon joined his friend Willie in Texas and eventually started what would become known as Outlaw Country, or as I call it Real Country. This record was a huge success when it came out and had a big influence on Country music moving forward. My heroes have always been cowboys, Honky tonk heroes(Waylon), Me and Paul, Yesterday's wine(Willie), I'm looking for blue eyes, It's not easy)Jessi), Suspicious minds, Under your spell again(Waylon/Jessi), Good hearted woman, Heaven and hell(Waylon/Willie), T for Texas(Tompall). This is the 1998 20th anniversary issue which features a lot of extra tracks and is a must for any fan of Country music.

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Xue Sheng

Got extremely lucky change radio stations this morning on the way into work heard all this, roughly in this order too

axelb and Grond like this.
  6. Xue Sheng

And lastly

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Oz
    I can sure remember when this one came out. Hadn't really got into Black Sabbath too much yet but was all over this. Talked my mom into buying this cassette for me(saint that she was) and we rocked it in the car all the way home from the record store. Still sounds great today. I don't know, crazy train, Goodbye to romance, Suicide solution, No bone movies.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Alan Parsons Project - The Best Of
    Parsons and his revolving door of musicians/vocalists made some of the best music of the time. Mastering the art of the concept album with insightful lyrics, creative musicianship and a polished sound. these timeless hits will always be in heavy rotation on the radio station in my mind. I wouldn't want to be like you, Eye in the sky, Games people play, Damned if I do, Can't take it with you, You don't believe. Unfortunatly the great song Breakdown is not included.

Grond likes this.
  10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

11. YoshiroShin

YoshiroShin Valued Member

T. Rex - Jupiter Liar

It just popped into my head so I put it on.

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Fire stick is knackered so I have to go back to physical media for a while. That means the old Band of Brothers dvd is back out:

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Charlie Parker - 20th Century Masters(Best Of)
    Classic hits from legendary Jazz Sax master. Autumn in New York, The bird, K.C. Blues, Loverman, Confirmation

Grond likes this.
  15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

16. Xue Sheng

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Pearl Jam - VS
    The late 80's-early 90's had a lot of musical diversity, Hair Metal, Some great Alternative Rock, Rap/Hip-Hop coming into it's own, the Neo-Traditionalist Country Music era and of course....Grunge. This solid 1993 sophmore cd by pearl jam is a great reminder of that time. Animal, Daughter, Dissident, W.M.A., Rearviewmirror, Indifference.

18. YoshiroShin

YoshiroShin Valued Member

Breedlove - Geoffrey Landers

Spotify took me there, and I like it.

Breedlove

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Francisco Alatorre - Tropicana Magic
    Francisco plays a lot around Cabo and San Jose Del Cabo. My mom use to spend winters there and knowing how much I love Spanish Guitar got me this CD of his. He covers some Santana, Gipsy Kings, and Benise. If you vacation in that area you might want to catch him playing live.

Grond likes this.