What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Nu Shooz - Poolside
    I had this cassette back in the late 80's...it always sounded good booming out the speakers in my dodge ram 50. Still sounds good today playing in the bose home system. As the name suggests great summertime pool/beach music....many fond memories. Lost your number, I can't wait, Don't let me be the one, You put me in a trance, Point of no return.

Grond likes this.
  2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jeramy Norris And The Dangerous Mood - Deep In My Soul
    The latest(2019) cd of original blues by JN/DM. Always cool to listen to music by local artists you get to see live and get to know. The dangerous boogie, Deep in my soul, The messenger, Blue on you, Tired of tryin.

Grond likes this.
  3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Night Ranger - Greatest Hits
    Awesome 80's rock. Some of the best music from my high school years. Sing me away, Sister Christian, Don't tell me you love me, When you close your eyes, Rumours in the air.

Grond likes this.
  4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Stranger Things fans will find a fun Easter egg here.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

AC/DC - Highway To Hell
    Takin' me back to freshman year of high school. This one was blasting everywhere and we all became fans. Unfortunatly the last recording with the great Bon Scott. Girls got rhythm, Touch too much, Walk all over you, Highway to hell, If you want blood, Night prowler. Classic, classic rock.

Grond likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

AC/DC - Back In Black
    After the sudden death of Bon Scott, the rest of the boys decided to carry on with new singer Brian Johnson. While I overall prefer the early Bon Scott music this first one with Brian is EPIC. Every track is a hard rock classic. Hells bells, What do you do for money honey, You shook me all night long, Shoot to thrill, Have a drink on me. This is a timeless record.

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Terri Nunn - Moment Of Truth
    I was a fan of Berlin and a big fan of Terri's. After a few solid albums and hit songs Terri left the band and made this solo CD. A good record from top to bottom and holds up well. Confession time, Desire me, Once upon a time, Go ask the lonely, Let me be the one.

Grond likes this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

wcrane likes this.
  10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Notorious B.I.G. - Duets:The Final Chapter
    This cd was recorded and released posthumously mixing past Biggie raps with some big name rappers and producers. An excellent cd. I believe this was the first rap/hip-hop cd i ever bought. Living the life(Snoop Dog, Ludacris), 1970 somethin'(The Game, Faith Evans), Nasty girl(Diddy, Nelly), Hustler's story(Scarface, Akon).

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is a great song. The video is a little intense, so beware.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Notorious - Soundtrack
    Biggie along with other artists and producers all join forces on this soundtrack to the motion picture bio of his life. Solid gold from top to bottom. Notorious thugs, One more chance, Brooklyn go hard, The world is filled..., Guaranteed raw.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

AC/DC Judas Priest - Homemade Mix CD
    about 20 years ago or so I had a buddy make this CD for me of songs by these 2 bands. I had 2 cd's from each group so these are songs not on those disc's. A pretty solid selection of tracks if I do say so myself.
    AC/DC songs...For those about to rock, TNT, Touch too much, Money talks, It's a long way to the top, The jack, Whole lotta rosie, Problem child.
    JP songs.... Exciter, Heading out to the highway, Turbo lover, Green manalishi, You got another thing coming, Screaming for vengance, Stained glass, Better by you better than me.

15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

One of the best rock albums ever made.

wcrane likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bryan Adams - So Far So Good
    While I wouldn't call Bryan Iconic or legend he certainly had a great run of hits for 12 or so years during the 80's-90's. He became popular during my early high school years so there's a lot of memories of partying and what not to these songs. This time, Heat of the night, Somebody, Run to you, Cuts like a knife, Heaven. Good job on a solid career Bryan.

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This song helped set the stage for an 80s movie with 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Fatboy Slim/Paul Oakenfold - The Essential Collection Vol. 1
    This is a 2-disc package. Each disc is a collection of songs by various artists. Disc 1 is remixed and produced by FBS and the second is by PO. I prefer the Oakenfold set but both are good high energy work-out music.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Oasis - Definitely Maybe
    Huge, masterful debut by a band that for a short time in the mid-90's was on top of the world. This is brit-pop/psychedelic/Beatlemania at it's best. Live forever, Supersonic, Slide away, Columbia, Up in the sky.

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

From the movie "Fire in the Sky". A great piece of existential excitement and dread.