What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

ZZ Top - Rancho Texicano
    This 2-Cd set is about as complete of a collection of ZZ Top music as you could find. Tracked in Chronological order Disc 1 is basically 70's ZZ and disc 2 is 80's. I know some will disagree with me but i see this this as a tale of 2 bands and I much prefer the first.

Disc 1. All the music on this disc is solid gold. Great blend of blues a little country/rockabilly seasoning and classic rock. Could listen to this disc on a loop several times before it would get old. Goin' down to mexico, La Grange, Watin' for the bus, Jesus just left Chicago, Tush, I thank you, Cheap sunglasses.

Disc 2. This is 80's ZZtop. MTV, Dance mixes and maybe to much success took a little bit of the edge off of they're sound. Not saying that there isn't some good songs here, just not as good as the earlier stuff in my opinion. Pearl necklace, Got me under pressure, Rough boy, Tube snake boogie, Sharp dressed man.

Grond likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Grond likes this.
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

6. Xue Sheng

Heard this today, and it reminded me of my youth, when I was in a garage band. We played this song, and it was probably, IMO, the most fun to play.

Grond likes this.
  7. Xue Sheng

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So Jaskier from the Witcher has his own indie folk band now, and it's rather good:

Grond likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

A Flock Of Seagulls - Best Of
    Iconic 80's band. The Flock may not be hall of fame worthy but no 80's flashback party or cd collection would not be complete without a seagulls song or 2. Not only did they help mtv take off but were early pioneers of the synth-rock sound so synonomous with that time. Fun time music. I ran, Space age love song, The more you live the more you love, Wishing(if i had a photograph), Nightmares, Telecommunication.

Grond likes this.
  11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jeramy Norris And The Dangerous Mood - Legba's Whiskey
    Jeramy and company are a local 3-piece blue's outfit that I get the good fortune of seeing/hearing live often. Jeramy is an awesome guitarist/frontman and a great guy. This is a cd of original blues songs. Believe, Legba's whiskey, Dance on the furniture, All those roads, Broken glass.

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New Radicals - Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too
    In 1998 Gregg Alexander and co. released this Cd of great, fresh music. The initial hit was played a lot on MTV and radio, then I heard the entire disc at a friends house one night and bought it right away. This is one of those disc's that every track is a winner. You get what you give, Someday we'll know, Flowers, Crying like a church on Monday, I don't wanna die anymore.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jeramy Norris And The Dangerous Mood - Lightning In A Bottle
    Another set of original blues songs by local phenom JN. Scene of the crime, Goin' down to Austin, Drinkin' all night, Bluesman, Time, 9 lives.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Aaliyah - I Care 4 u
    Great r/b hip hop music by a beautiful girl with an angelic voice who died much too young. She left us these jamz to remember her by. Back and forth, Try again, Miss you, Come over, Don't worry.

Grond likes this.
  15. Grond

Grond Valued Member

A fine choice. I'll always remember her from her role in Queen of the Damned, but damn me if I'll remember the whole soundtrack until I stop running.

[​IMG]

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Abba - Gold
    When I was a kid these guys were pretty popular, I was young enough to think they were cool. The music sounds a little cheesy to me now, but an occasional listen for nostalgia purposes seems in order. Dancing queen, Waterloo, S.O.S. Does your mother know, Knowing me,Knowing you, Voulez vous.

Grond likes this.
  17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stevie Nicks - Timespace*Best Of
    One of the great voices of a generation as well as a great songwriter. Can't imagine the 70's or 80's without the contribution Stevie made as a member of Fleetwood Mac, her solo career, and adding backing vocals for others. This "best of" collection includes a few new tracks( I hate when they do that) so a few solid older songs are omitted( outside the rain, enchanted, songbird). A great selection of songs reflecting a great career. Stand back, Edge of seventeen, Rooms on fire, I can't wait, Stop draggin' my heart around(w/Tom Petty), Leather and lace(w/Don Henley) Worth mentioning that Stevie also provided vocals on great songs/albums like Whenever I call you friend(Kenny Loggins), Not Shy(album)-Magnet and steel(song-Walter Egan) and John Stewart's album bombs away dream babys(Gold, midnight wind).

Grond likes this.
  18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jeramy Norris And The Dangerous Mood - Blues For Sale
    Another disc of 12 original blues tunes by JN and the boys. My mind is running, Start the lovin', Sexy dress, You don't love me, She's my baby.

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member