What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Edit probably a bad idea

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New England - New England
    In 1979 I saw this record at the local music store and although I had not heard of this band I noticed it was produced by Paul Stanley. I was in junior high and Kiss was a huge band at the time so I figured I would buy this album. Well, they did not sound like Kiss but it was a really good record anyway and I played the crap out of it for the next several years. If you like 70's-80's bands that combine keyboards, guitar riffs, catchy melodies, and a few power ballads you would probably like these guys. Don't ever wanna lose ya, Shall I run away, Nothing to fear, Turn out the light, Shoot.

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dwight Yoakam - The Very Best Of
    Dwight was one the artists most responsible for making me like country music. My fave to come from the late 80's Neo-Traditionalist movement, and there were some greats. 20 tracks of pure country gold. Guitars Cadillacs, You're the one, Things change, Fast as you, Ain't that lonely yet, Streets of Bakersfield(duet with the legendary Buck Owens). I've yet to hear a Dwight Yoakam song(original or cover) that I didn't like.

Grond likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Ironically, I just got to Denver

Grond likes this.
  7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New Order - Substance(Disc 1)
    One of the best bands from the 80's Electronic/dance music scene. One of the best bands from the 80's period. 12 tracks of pure joyful musical bliss. Ceremony, Temptation, Blue Monday, Confusion, Thieves like us, Perfect kiss, Bizarre love triangle, True faith.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dwight Yoakam - Blame The Vain
    This 2005 release was Dwight's first to not be real commercially successful. Probably more to do with the switch to a smaller record label than quality of music as all DY music is awesome. Blame the vain, Intentional heartache, When I first came here, Three good reasons, Watch out.

10. Xue Sheng

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New Order - Substance(Disc II)
    Disc I is definately the better of this 2 disc set. This is a few instrumental versions of hits and other so-so songs. Not bad overall. Procession, Thieves like us(instrumental), Kiss of death, 1963.

12. Xue Sheng

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. Xue Sheng

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dwight Yoakam - Dwight Sings Buck
    Dwight pays tribute to his main influence The legendary Buck Owens. Love hearing one of my fave Country singers cover these classic Country songs. Can't help but think of Saturday nights watching Hee Haw as a kid. Act naturally, Love's gonna live here, Together again, Cryin' time, My heart skips a beat, Close up the honky tonks.

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New Order - Republic
    After making thier mark in the 80's NO entered into the 90's with this solid release. Regret, World, Spooky, Everyone everywhere, Liar

18. Xue Sheng

19. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

:cool:

Xue Sheng likes this.
  20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

New Order - Get Ready
    In 2001, after an 8 years hiatus New Order released this gem. A little heavier on the guitar than other NO records....I like it a lot. Crystal, 60 miles an hour, Rock the shack, Slow jam, Someone like you, Close range.