What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This is insane. The musicianship is off the charts. Not a weak link in the band. It doesn't even seem like music. More like what you'd hear if you could hear the universe think.

Flying Crane and Grond like this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Native Spirit
    Meditative music featuring Native American flute/drums/chanting. My early meditation training was by my martial arts master who happened to be a shaman. He would use this this type of music for the meditation sessions, so naturally I purchased a few cd's of similar music. I really enjoy the flute/drum combo and find it very relaxing . A nice way to end a day.

4. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

That was really nice. Ive never heard of them, is this representative of all their music? Do they have vocals?

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Polyphia are pretty new to me too. As far as I know they just do instrumental stuff. I think adding vocals wouldn't actually improve their music. It's so layered and complex already.
    They've just released a track called "Playing god" and it's just as good but a different vibe.

Flying Crane likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Yes - Drama
    While working on their 11th album Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman decided to quit leaving a void that would eventually be filled by Trevor Horn and Geoff Downs...Aka The Buggles(video killed the radio star). Over time this has become a somewhat forgotten gem even amongst true yes fans. The only record not to feature Anderson on vocals, he would refuse to play any of the songs on future tours and none of the Drama songs are on compilation records. This is a great cd that any yes fan should have in their collection. This 2004 re-release features several bonus tracks including a couple of instrumentals showcasing Steve Howe's great guitar skills. Machine Messiah, Into the lens, Tempus fugit, Does it really happen, Song no. 4, Run through the light.

Grond likes this.
  11. Xue Sheng

Feeling musically nostalgic for my days in Boston as a youth...who thought he was an adult....

Grond likes this.
  12. Xue Sheng

Still musically nostalgic I guess

wcrane and Grond like this.
  13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I think this is the best rock video ever made. Full cheetah catsuit, laser guitar, rock.

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Xue Sheng likes this.
  14. Xue Sheng

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Yes - Union
    The only Cd (I believe) to feature all 8 of the main yesmen. They dont all play together on any 1 track...but still kind of a cool concept. Shock to the system, Lift me up, Saving my heart, Angkor Wat, Dangerous, Holding on.

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. windwalker

windwalker Member

"Благотворительный рок-фестиваль «Разные Люди – #Рок-музыканты помогают детям» был организован Александром Чернецким, вместе с Андреем Макаревичем, Юрием Шевчуком, Борисом Гребенщиковым, Михаилом Ефремовым, Никитой Высоцким и многими известными музыкантами и актерами в помощь конкретным тяжелобольным детям. 1-й фестиваль состоялся 25 мая 2016 в «Stadium Live» (Москва) при участии групп - ДДТ, Машина Времени, Чиж & Co, Братья Карамазовы, Разные Люди, СерьГа. Фестиваль проходит без поддержки государства и частных лиц и преследует исключительно благородные цели - это помощь конкретным тяжелобольным детям из Украины и России.

The charity rock festival "Different People - #Rock Musicians Help Children" was organized by Alexander Chernetsky, together with Andrei Makarevich, Yuri Shevchuk, Boris Grebenshchikov, Mikhail Efremov, Nikita Vysotsky and many famous musicians and actors to help specific seriously ill children.

The 1st festival took place on May 25, 2016 at Stadium Live (Moscow) with the participation of groups - DDT, Time Machine, Chizh & Co, Brothers Karamazov, Different People, Earring. The festival is held without the support of the state and individuals and pursues only noble goals - it is to help specific seriously ill children from Ukraine and Russia."

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Yes - Highlights (the very best of Yes)
    One of the best bands ever. Great musicianship, creative..sometimes weird..but always creative lyrics, and some of the best album covers. Several people passed through the line-up over the years but the quality of music was always top-notch. They were leaders of the art rock genre with long songs, heavy keyboard usage, and multi-movement classical influence. For my money Steve Howe is a very under-appreciated guitarist. As with all greatest hits cd's there are a couple noticeable omissions but for a single disc this does a good job of covering the yes catalogue. Starship trooper, I've seen all good people, Soon, Going for the one, Owner of a lonely heart, Rhythm of love, Bass player and original member Chris Squire passed away in 2016 and Sadly drummer Alan White just died a couple of days ago. My thanks to all the Yesmen through the years for providing us with many classic albums and songs.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ned's Atomic Dustbin - God Fodder
    Released in 1991 this cd remains a fave of mine still. This music is exactly the sound that I was totally into during the early 90's, Alternative Rock. The Ned's were unusual in that they used 2 bass guitars, one playing the normal low end sounds while the other would play higher melody lines. A solid record, every track a winner. Kill your television, Grey cell green, Happy, Throwing things, Less than useful.