What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Montrose - The Very Best Of
    70's classic rock band led by Guitarist(and namesake) Ronnie Montrose. The first 2 Montrose albums featured a young Sam Hagar on vocals. Bad motor scooter, Rock candy, Spaceage sacrifice, We're going home, M for machine, Clown woman.

Grond likes this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Wreckers - Stand Still Look Pretty
    First of all, let me just say this......I LOVE MICHELLE BRANCH! That girl could sing the phone book and it would melt my heart. After 2 successful solo records MB teemed up with good friend and back-up singer Jessica Harp to form the wreckers and make this cd. Jessica was a country music girl and turned branch into a lover of country as well. A great blend of beautiful voices, strong lyrics, newer sounding country as well as traditional style and instruments. This record led to several cma award and grammy nominations. I could play this on a loop for a month and not get tired of it. The good kind, Tennessee, Lay me down, Crazy people, One more girl.

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Moody Blues - Legend Of A Band
    The moody's had a string of successful albums and hit songs during the 60's, 70's, and 80's. This best of collection does a great job of showcasing key hits from all 3 decades. Then voice, Nights in white satin, Ride my see saw, The other side of life, Tuesday afternoon, The story in your eyes.

Grond likes this.
  8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Morrissey - Your Arsenal
    1992 I was listening to a lot of Alt Rock. I was not really a big Morrissey fan but the first 2 hits from this cd were getting a lot of play on the radio and mtv....and I liked them. When I purchased this cd I was not really impressed, but over time I have grown to like it more. We hate it when our friends become successful, Tomorrow, We'll let you know, Glamorous glue.

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
    A powerful display of female angst captured brilliantly by Alanis. Somehow she manages to sound both psychotic and sexually seductive at the same time. Not sure if I want to run towards her or away from her. This mid-90's cd is only sounding better with time...aging like a fine wine. You oughta know, Right through you, You learn, Ironic, Perfect.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2022
    Grond likes this.
  10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jaime Wyatt - Neon Cross
    I heard about Jaime on the Shooter Jennings facebook page...he produced this cd. Because i am a huge Shooter fan i decided to check her out. Pretty good newoutlaw country sound ...a couple of outstanding tracks and the rest are better than average...worth a listen. Neon cross, Just a woman(w/Jessi Colter), Goodbye queen, Rattlesnake girl By your side.

Grond likes this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. Xue Sheng

To be totally honest..... someone in the office next to mine, who is doing this

Mitch likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Kacey Musgraves - Same Trailer Different Park
    First heard kacey on an episode of Austin City Limits several years back. I enjoyed her performance so much that I bought this cd. Great songs, nice voice, and excellent playing by the boys in the band. Another new artist using traditional instruments with a fresh sound. Silver lining, Dandelion, Keep it to yourself, Stupid, Blowin' smoke.

14. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Walked round the lake in the sun listening to Boards of Canada.

ned likes this.
  15. Xue Sheng

16. Bushi_Tai_Devil

Bushi_Tai_Devil New Member

Man...I dig all sorts of weird stuff. Probably don't know it....some obscure stuff from. When I was growing up. Lots of Madeline adams (folk punk , but it sounds more folk than punk.) I love her song bellas song, seeing double, dumpster dive mother, faith...I like extreme metal
    Dillinger escape plan. 43 %burnt...punk...like bad religion (check out I wanna conqueror the world) Alice in chains....Nirvana. lots of grunge. Man. I dig it ALL from claude debussy, to ice cube, Warren zevon, anything. Rock,punk,metal,classical,rap,OLD delta Mississippi blues....etc

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2022
  17. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Welcome to MAP Bushi Tai Devil. But please take a minute to click on the "terms and rules" button on the lower right hand corner of every page. There you will see that profanity is not allowed on this family friendly site. Thanks!

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Wynonna - Collection
    As a young girl Wynonna was 1/2 of the mother/daughter duo The Judds. After several successful years and hits she went solo. This is her greatest solo hits.I saw the light, No one else on earth, Tell me why, Rock bottom, Heaven help my heart. Sadly Mama(Naomie) Judd passed away a few days back.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Yes - Fragile
    One of several classic masterpieces by an amazing band. I believe this was the first Yes album I ever heard. Roundabout, Long distance runaround/The fish, Five percent for nothing, Mood for a day, Heart of the sunrise.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Lifescapes: Native American Flute And Guitar - John August
    Well, the title kinda says it all. A nice blend of flute with acoustic guitar. Very relaxing, listened to this last night in the lazy boy with a little white sage burning and drinking a little bourbon. Great way to end a day.