What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sounds Of Wood And Steel Vol. I - Various Artists
    This Cd is the lovechild of Taylor Guitars and Windham Hill Records. The concept was to assemble a variety of artists who play Taylor Guitars to record acoustic instrumental songs as a showcase of sorts. As a fan of instrumental guitar music this cd speaks to my soul. A lot of the performers are not people who you think of as guitarists, and it is a wide array of genres. Features Clint Black, Michael Hedges, Vince Gill/Amy Grant doing a great rendition of How Great Thou Art, Will Ackerman. My 2 fave tracks are Steve Stevens(Billy Idol's Guitarist) doing a great Flamenco number and Stuart Smith/Joe Lynn Turner(Rainbow,Deep Purple vocalist) doing a spanish song. A solid cd and well worth a listen.

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

4. Xue Sheng

Every now and then a local radio station gets it right...these "live versions" were played in this order...and I just listening to them again

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Gwen McCrae - The Best Of
    70's soul sister blends R/b, Soul, a little bit of Blues, and of course Disco and brings it to the party. Rockin' chair, It keeps on raining, Starting all over again, 90% of me is you, Let's straighten it out.

6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Mitch likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

John (Cougar) Mellencamp - The Best That I Could Do
    For a gut who got as much commercial success as he did I still feel that John is a little under-appreciated. He's kinda like Springsteen from the mid-west. He wrote great, meaningful songs, sang them well, and went all out performing them. For my money John and Bob Seger should be mentioned right behind, but in the same breath as Dylan and Bruce when it comes to great American singer/ songwriters. 2 of my fave albums to this day are still Scarecrow and The Lonesome Jubilee. I need a lover, Jack and Diane, Authority song, Lonely ol' night, Paper in fire, Cherry bomb, Check it out.

Mitch and Grond like this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

9. Xue Sheng

10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily
    After several years of fronting the band 10,000 maniacs Natalie decided to go solo. This was the debut cd of her solo career. The 3 hits off of this recording are upbeat, rythmic and very catchy, the rest are more mellow and mainly vocal and piano. Overall the whole cd is very good. I have always been a fan of her voice, very smooth and seductive. Wonder, Carnival, Jealousy, River, Cowboy romance.

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Saw him in 1990 (I think?), still one of the greatest voices in Rock. I know they weren't really Sabbath albums as such, but Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell are some of the greatest old school metal :)

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

I saw him as well, sometime in the early 9os I think, nope that's wrong, it was the 80s, Last In Line tour

Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
    Mitch likes this.
  14. Xue Sheng

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Paul Mccartney/Wings - Wingspan
    This incredible 2 disc set includes a deep dive into the PM catalogue. What I love about it is that includes the early post-Beatles solo works as well as the entire Wings years and some of the post-Wings solo works. A very inclusive collection of music. I am one of those old guys who still puts the Beatles at the top of the music food pyramid, and I feel that what Paul did solo and with Wings was a natural continuation of the Beatles most appealing sound. Disc 1 is called the hits and includes Listen to what the man said, Band on the run, Silly love songs, Junior's farm, Uncle Albert/ Admiral Halsey, and my 2 fave Wings songs.....Jet, and My love.
    Disc 2 is called History and includes classics like Let me Roll it,Maybe I'm amazed, Helen wheels, Bluebird, Daytime nightime suffering, Girlfriend.
    My collection(or anybodys) would not be complete without this wonderful collection of songs.

Grond likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sounds Of Wood And Steel Vol. 2 - Various Artists
    Another great collection of acoustic guitar music brought to you by Taylor Guitars and Windhan Hill Records. Artists featured on this Cd include Nanci Griffith, Elliot Easton, Richie Sambora, Loggins/Messina, Clint Black, and Steve Lukather. Another fine Cd.

18. Xue Sheng

Mitch likes this.
  19. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

The new Ghost CD, this is the most catchy metal I think I've ever heard!

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member