What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. Xue Sheng

axelb likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

On a System of a Down binge at the moment.

Grond likes this.
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

6. Xue Sheng

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

UFO - The Monkey Puzzle
    This 2006 release is the last of the UFO portion of my Cd collection. A harder edge to this one featuring Moog, Way, Raymond, Vinnie Moore on guitar and the return of Andy Parker on drums. Hard being me, Some other guy, Who's fooling who, Down by the river, Good bye you. So glad I got turned on UFO way back in my youth, many memories of cruising and partying to early UFO songs. I'll end by saying R.I.P. to Pete Way, Paul Raymond , and Paul Chapman and thanks for the great music.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Keith Urban - Defying Gravity
    Most of the "new country" acts don't do much for me, but Urban does a nice job of putting enough traditional sound to his music to appeal to old-timers like me and still sound fresh enough for the younger crowd. That probably explains why he sells so many albums. This CD is really the only exposure I've had to his music, but I really like it.
    Kiss a girl, Sweet thing, Til summer comes around, Hit the ground runnin', I'm in.

9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Days Of Rock And Roll Vol. I
    This is a homemade mix cd I made about 20 years ago and gave a title to. I already had Physical Graffiti, Presence, and Early Days, in my collection and made a couple mix cd's to complete my Zepp section. This is classic Zeppelin with some solo Robert Plant. Traveling riverside blues, Hey hey what can I do, Heartbreaker, Livin lovin maid, All my love, Dancing days, In the evening, Tangerine, The song remains the same, D'yer mak'er, Burning down one side, Immigrant song, Pledge pin, Moby dick, Going to california.

Grond likes this.
  11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Iron Maiden's new album Senjutsu. I held off a week so I could get more money off at work (one benefit of working in a supermarket) and now have it playing on the decent sound system I inherited. Currently a few tracks in with the lyrics to hand and I'm enjoying it. No major headbanging yet and it so far seems a canny concept album. I think I'll subject the street to it a few more times tomorrow :D

Grond likes this.
  12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Days Of Rock And Roll Vol. II
    The second disc of my homemade Greatest hits collection, with a couple Robert Plant solo songs. Track listing, Misty mountain hop, South bound suarez, That's the way, No quarter, Ozone baby, The ocean, Slow dancer, Over the hills and far away, Fool in the rain, Ramble on, Four sticks, Horizontal departure, Achilles last stand.

aaradia likes this.
  14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I am so Geeked! ABBA is coming out with a new album! After 40 years! I have it on pre-order. I went and did that right after listening to their two new songs they have released. Been replaying them several times today! Seriously, these songs are as good as their older material!

So often lately, since I am older, the news is about favorite musicians dying. So nice to have good musical news!

This is my favorite of the two new songs, but I love them both.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stevie Ray Vaughan/Double Trouble - Greatest Hits
    Not much needs to be said here. A true great who left us too soon. Some great hits here. Texas flood, Pride and joy, Tightrope, Crossfire, Cold shot, Couldn't stand the weather.

aaradia likes this.
  16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Gordon Lightfoot - Complete Greatest Hits
    Canadian singer/songwriters collection of folk rock hits from the 70's. Early morning rain, If you could read my mind, Sundown, Carefree highway, Rainy day people, The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Grond likes this.
  18. Xue Sheng

I'm at work at the moment and it is a bad day so far....and I am listening to this at the moment, trying to make the same decision...should I stay or should I go.....

Grond likes this.
  19. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ok, I've listened to Senjutsu probably 30 times since I posted and I definitely like it. Starting to headbang to parts of some songs and I ended up learning part of this song on guitar at midnight last Thursday (don't worry, the living room is well soundproofed!). "The Death of the Celts" seems to be "Clansman part 2" and that's quite alright with me too.

Grond likes this.
  20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Travis Vega - A Call To Harvest
    Solid performance by Local(Lodi, Ca.) guitarist. Travis is a good friend and my guitar teacher. On this cd he covers several genres from smooth jazz, be-bop, and spanish/flamenco.. He has a website and facebook page if you want to hear some of his music for yourself. La tierra, Julia out west, New language, Lela, Lost world, A call to harvest.