What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ottmar Liebert - Dune
    Great set of melodic guitar music. Nice work by his band Luna Negra as well. Shadow, Horse, Dancing alone, Moon fragrance.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

UFO - Walk On Water
    Became a UFO fan in Junior High(late 70's) and fell in love with the classic albums( Phenomenon, Lights out, Obsessions, Strangers in the night). Lost track of them around the mid-late 80's. It was around '02 or so when I came across this 1998 release that included the classic UFO line-up(Moog, Schenker, Way, Parker, and Raymond). Initially I was a little disappointed, I liked it but didn't love it. Over the years it has grown on me and I now would actually rate it right up there with the classics. A damn good Rock album. Venus, Darker days, Dreaming of summer, A self made man. Also new versions of classics Doctor doctor, and Lights out. If you are a fan of old UFO or classic rock in general, check this one out.

3. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Hi everyone, been a while.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Lifescapes/Classical Guitar - Tom Hambleton
    Beautiful classical guitar music of some well known compositions. Nice to listen to at night with a cocktail. Spanish romance, Capricho arabe, Jesu joy of man, Greensleeves, Air from suite 3.

6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

7. Xue Sheng

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Great review here:
    (Warning some nsfw language at the end, I'd forgotten about)

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Presence
    Probably the least successful and received of all Zep studio albums. Still some solid tracks here. A few lengthy epic's and some tasty hits. Achilles last stand, Candy store rock, Hots on for nowhere, Tea for one( a great blues number). Zep was going for a harder rock sound here, no keyboards or acoustic guitar.

10. Xue Sheng

I guess I'm feeling nostalgic

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. Xue Sheng

heard this on the radio today

and I just had to compare it to this

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

UFO - Sharks
    2002 release features classic line-up members Moog, Schenker, Way and veteran drummer Aynsley Dunbar. This is quite possibly the best UFO album I have heard. Every track on this one is terrific and Schenker and Moog are as good as ever. Highly recommend this cd for not only UFO fans but all fans of good hard rock music. Quicksilver rider, Serenity, Deadman walking, Shadow dancer, Perfect view.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

UFO - You Are Here
    This 2004 collection features Moog, Way, Raymond, Jason Bonham on drums and is the first of the Vinnie Moore era. A solid set of songs by one of my fave bands. The wild one, Call me, Slipping away, The spark that is us, Sympathy, Baby blue.

16. Xue Sheng

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. Xue Sheng

Grand Funk

wcrane and Grond like this.
  19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Early days (best of vol.1)
    Greatest hits collection from LZ I-IV. Classics like these never get old, only better. Communication breakdown, Babe I'm gonna leave you, Whole lotta love, Since I've been loving you, Black dog, and the all time great...Stairway to heaven.