What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

2. Xue Sheng

Yup, that has been my morning...Work, FedEx, UPS, USPS, a School....all before 11:00am today

3. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Eldest daughter’s got me into 21 pilots , this off their latest album is like they went back to the 80s and bottled it to bring it back

Grond likes this.
  4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Iron Maiden's latest track - The Writing on the Wall. The video is fantastic but Youtube's compression or whatever has dulled Bruce's vocals so it sounds better through Spotify or whatever. I cant wait to start learning at least the intro on the guitar.

Grond likes this.
  5. Xue Sheng

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

U2 - Rattle And Hum
    After The Joshua Tree, U2 filmed a documentary of the U.S. portion of the tour. This is the soundtrack of sorts to that film. Cool live covers (Helter skelter, All along the watchtower), Live hits and some new songs. Desire, Angel of Harlem, When love comes to town(with B.B. King), Heartland, All I want is you.

7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Milk man has not delivered milk for 2 weeks. Which resulted in me listening to Aphex Twin - milk man.
    Really don't think I could post it here though:D

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

UfO - Essential UFO
    One of the best hard rock bands of all time, Certainly in my top 10. This best of collection covers the early years featuring Michael Scheckner on guitar. Doctor doctor, Rock Bottom, Only you can rock me, Too hot to handle, Lights out, Love to love, Cherry, I'm a loser. Phil Moog is one of the better voices of rock in my opinion.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Kutless - To Know That You're Alive
    This 2008 Cd by Christian Rockers Kutless was their 5th release. This was the first I had heard of them as I was just getting into the Christian Rock scene. Very good music with inspirational message. The feeling, To know that you're alive, The rescue, Promise you, Guiding me home.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

The Last Samuri - Original Motion Picture Score
    A great movie and a great soundtrack. Composed and arranged by Hans Zimmer. Nice music to relax to at night with a mixed beverage.

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Listening to the new Iron Maiden tune "Writing on the wall". Not up there with their best stuff but still anthemic. Fairly weak verses I think, and Bruce D sounds strained (no surprise really), but an absolute killer chorus that I can imagine being sung back by the fans in stadiums.

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti(disc 1)
    One of the greatest Rock bands of all time(top 5 for me). Some of their best numbers on this disc. Custard pie, The rover, In my time of dying, Houses of the holy, Trampled under foot, Kashmir. Will get around to listening to disc 2 in a few days.

Phil Lewis likes this.
  13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

U2 - Achtung Baby
    After the tour for Rattle and Hum Bono announced that U2 would need to re-invent themselves. This was the first recording of the "new" version of U2. Solid Cd from top to bottom. The fly, Mysterious ways, Zoo station, One, Ultra violet, So cruel.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Nicholas Lefler - Retrospective
    Great CD by local guitarist. I have seen Nick perform at local small venues several times in recent years. He is a very talented musician, this recording is primarily focused on spanish, flamenco guitar style. Far and away, Visions, Mystics, Salud, Midnight.

15. Xue Sheng

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

12 Girls Band - Eastern Energy
    Interesting music using traditional Chinese instruments to make traditional/modern sounding blend of songs. If you are not familiar with 12GB they are worth checking out. This cd includes a couple of cover songs as well as original material.

17. Xue Sheng

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (disc 2)
    I still think I prefer Disc 1, however there are plenty of tasty classic rock gems here to please the ear as well. Down by the seaside, In the light, Ten years gone, Night flight, Black country woman.

Phil Lewis likes this.
  19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ottmar Liebert - Nouveau Flamenco
    This Cd was my introduction to Ottmar, And was the catalyst for my love of Spanish/Flamenco Guitar. Technically speaking there are plenty more skillful players, but Ottmar's style always sounds so beautiful. Barcelona nights, Heart still/beating, Surrender 2 love, After the rain, Santa Fe.

20. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Foo Fighters is on the menu at the moment

bassai likes this.