What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

10cc - Mirror Mirror
    These guys very pretty popular back in the early-mid 70's. Part of progressive/art rock scene that was big at the time. This 1995 release is basically 1/2 of the original line-up ( Eric Stewart, Graham Gouldman) With Godley & Creame joining on the re-make of their classic I'm not in love(a beautiful masterpiece). Also features Peace in our time, Why did I break your heart, Age of consent. This CD would probably fit into the Adult Contemporary genre by today's standards, but it is a solid cd of good, mellow music

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Maneli Jamal - The Zuir Movement
    I saw Maneli perform live several years back on the International Guitar Night Tour. I was extremely impressed with his playing style and composition, became a fan on the spot. A cd full of beautiful, amazing acoustic guitar music. Vasat, Zuir, Cold arrival, Spirit lingers, Lucid drawl.

3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tenth Avenue North - Over And Underneath
    Some nice Christian Rock music. Mellow, inspirational songs for the soul. Love is here, By your side, Hold my heart, Beloved, Hallelujah.

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
    Maiden's 7th studio album and first to feature synthesizers. Some did not like this album because of that, but I think it sounds just fine. Moonchild, Can I play with madness, The evil that men do, The prophecy.

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Wow, this got me off my butt.

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tesla - The Great Radio Controversy
    Sacramento (ca.) band made it big in the late 80's with a trio of solid cd's. This was the second and most successful of the three.Hang tough, Heaven's trail(no way out), The way it is, Love song, Paradise.

8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dave Koz and Friends - The 25th Of December
    Time to start the Christmas music. I have seen the Dave Koz and Friends smooth jazz Christmas tours 4 of the last 7 years. Always a great show and always gets me in the spirit. Will miss that shot of holiday cheer this year but this cd will help kick start the season for me. This Christmas(w/ Eric Benet), Let it snow(w/ Kenny G), O holy night(w/Jonathan Butler). Also features Johnny Mathis, Fantasia, and Richard Marx.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Maneli Jamal - The Lamaj Movement
    More Acoustic guitar magic from a wonderful talent. Nine year residence, Lamaj, Homespun, We made it,.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Austin James - Full Throttle
    Local(Lodi, Ca) boy makes a cd of modern country music. Pretty good cd all in all. Worth a listen. Full throttle, Girls and coountry songs, Down by the river, Get that all the time.

11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

A Rock And Roll Christmas - Various Artists
    Growing up in the 80's local radio station KZAP(98.5FM) use to play these songs during the Christmas season. Listening to these songs now is a win-win because it not only puts me in the Christmas spirit but it reminds me of the feeling of being young during Christmas. The only better feeling in those days was the last day of school. Elton John(step into Christmas), Bob Seger(sock it to me santa), Emerson,Lake & Palmer(I believe in father Christmas), Billy Squier(Christmas is the time to say I love you), and many more.

13. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have been on a Van Halen kick ever since Eddie Van Halen died. Decided to go through the original six Van Halen albums. Been listening to them repeatedly. I think of Van Hagar as a different band - not a fan. Didn't know they did a reunion album minus Michael Anthony. Going to order that one, although they certainly did Michael Anthony wrong.

Personal rating is

Albums in order of my personal favorites
    6. Fair Warning ( good album, but not great. Guitar is awesome, but songwriting not as good. Except for "So this is love" and "Unchained" Those two songs are awesome!

Rest of the albums are all great IMO.
    5. Van Halen 2
    4. Diver Down
    3. 1984
    2.Women and Children First
    1. Van Halen

axelb likes this.
  14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Shooter Jennings - Put The O Back In Country
    Debut CD by outlaw country royalty. I have several of Shooter's CD's, all are excellent but everytime I listen to this one I feel as though it is my favorite. Put the O back in country, Fourth of July(my fave), Lonesome blues, Sweet Savannah, The letter, Daddy's farm.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Been on a bit of a Doors-fest. There's a great video of Ray Manzarek breaking down Riders on the Storm on Youtube and that prompted some Doors back catalogue exploration and they're great for mood music when painting miniatures.

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nights of the Dead, Iron Maiden's latest live album from the Legacy of the Beast tour (that they're still in the middle of but they decided to put out the album early because of Covid). Recorded in Mexico last year, over a year after I saw them on that tour at Newcastle Arena, it's "the tour inspired by the music from the video game inspired by the music of Iron Maiden" and starts with Churchill's "we'll fight them..." speech and a Spitfire flying over the stage (yes, really) for Aces High. 'Twas an epic show and the hair on the back of my neck still tingles listening to it.

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ottmar Liebert - Christmas * Santa Fe
    Ottmar adds his Nouveau Flamenco style to Christmas classics. A holiday fave of mine.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jefferson Starship - Gold
    Bay area classic rock legends. Marty and Paul may be gone, but this music survives.Ride the tiger, Caroline, Miracles, St. Charles, Count on me, Runaway. My faves tend to be the Marty Balin ballads, but love them all.

Grond likes this.
  19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This is my favorite song ever, so thank you for reminding me of it.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Neil Diamond - The Christmas Album Vol. II
    One of the greatest voices ever. Joy to the world, Mary's little boy child, Sleigh ride, I'll be home for Christmas