What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

INXS - X
    The last in a nice run of commercially successful albums. They made a couple after this one.. just not as successful. Suicide blonde, Disappear, Bitter tears, The stairs, Lately. Every song is a winner on this one.

2. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Francisco Tarrega - Mats Bergstrom
    Swedish Guitarist Bergstrom plays some of Tarrega's classical pieces. Tarrega is like the Beethoven/Bach of the Spanish Classical Guitar, composing around 100 pieces during his life(1852-1909). Nice recordings of great songs. Lagrima, Adelita, Capricho Arabe, Maria, Gran Vals.

3. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Talking Heads - Popular Favorites(Sand In The Vaseline) disc 2
    A better collection of songs overall than disc 1. Every track is good, even the ones that weren't big hits. Life during wartime, Girlfriend is better, And she was, Blind, Lifetime piling up, Sax and violins.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

What I am listening to right now is my wife and daughter arguing.....I'm going outside

5. Xue Sheng

Heard these on the radio toda, and I have not heard them in a while

Like this song.....hate this video

Grond likes this.
  6. Xue Sheng

Well, it snowed, so I am, per usual, in a classical music phase...shows up every winter

This just finished now I am listening to this

Currently listening to "The Masterpiece collection Handel"

[​IMG]

Grond likes this.
  7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

INXS - The Greatest Hits
    I remember when these guys burst onto the scene with "the one thing". I had just started driving and that was a song that would blast out of the car stereo frequently. I don't think I know of anyone who does not like their muswic, and I cannot think of an INXS song that I don't like. Job well done guys. To bad Michael Hutchence died young, wonder how many more hits would have been. The one thing, Beautiful girl, Listen like thieves, Need you tonight, What you need, Never tear us apart.

Grond likes this.
  8. Xue Sheng

Well, its Halloween here in the US so these are required listening IMO

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Halloween list should also include A) Don't fear the reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, B) Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath, C) something (not sure what) by Iron Maiden.

Grond likes this.
  10. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I have been on a Van Halen kick ever since Eddie Van Halen died. RIP Eddie Van Halen!

(Van Halen, mind you - not Van Hagar.)

Xue Sheng and Grond like this.
  11. Grond

Grond Valued Member

12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tears For Fears - Tears Roll Down(Greatest Hits)
    Another great example of 80's Alternative rock. Some choice cuts on this one. Everybody wants to rule the world, Change, Sowing the seeds of love, Shout, Head over heels, Pale Shelter.

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
    The Saturday morning workout selection. Probably the best of the true metal bands. This was their third album and the first with Bruce Dickinson on vocals. Children of the damned, The prisoner, 22 Acacia avenue, Run to the hills, The number of the beast, Total eclipse.

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam
    Couldn't go to a club in 89-90 without hearing these guys. Some good high-energy dance music. Pump up the jam, Take it slow, Come on, This beat is Technotronic, Move this.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
    Another bad-ass classic from iconic metal masters Iron Maiden. Featuring what is probably my favorite Maiden song...Flight of Icarus. Where eagles dare, Revelations, The trooper, Quest for fire

16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Israel Vibration - This Is Crucial Reggae
    Didn't know anything about these guys when I bought this cd a while back, but this is a nice addition to the collection. If you like traditional Reggae(Marley and such) give this a listen. Get up and go, We a de rasta, Jericho, Cool and calm, The same song.

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Tears For Fears - Elemental
    Basically a Roland Orzabal solo cd as Curt Smith had split by this time (1993) but a solid set of songs for sure. Any fan of earlier TFF music should like this cd. Break it down again, Cold, Elemental, Gas giants, Goodnight song.

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Chris Burton Jacome - Levanto
    Great Flamenco music by Arizona Guitarist Jacome. I saw Chris and his ensemble live several years back at a small, local theater, great show with the music, singing, and dancing. Levanto, Mi faro, Esperanza, Sin ti.

Grond likes this.
  20. Grond

Grond Valued Member