What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Heard this on the radio today, I had forgotten all about it, I am might glad I heard it.....brought back some memories....and I am listening to it again now

ned and Grond like this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Xue Sheng

My youngest just fell off the couch and said..."she's a wild one"..
    Which instantly sent my brain to this song

Nojon, Anth and Grond like this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jimi Hendrix - The Ultimate Experience
    Timeless classics by a true legend. All your fave's plus more. All along the watchtower, Purple haze, Red House, Hey Joe, Foxy lady, Gypsy eyes. Too many to list.

5. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Its been a while but have been re-listening to some Talking Heads

Grond likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

ned likes this.
  8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Jim Stubblefield - Rhythm Of The Heart
    Great Acoustic Guitar playing by a lesser known artist. Jim's playing is influenced heavily by Spanish/Flamenco styles, but ventures into other areas as well. A very good CD. Sombra, Conscious, Temple of the sun, Hermosa.

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Heart - The Road Home
    Back in the early 90's MTV Unplugged created a buzz and as a result a lot of bands/artists released these live acoustic cd's. A few songs on here that weren't big hits and a cover or two. I prefer the original version of the hit songs, but kind of cool to hear them re-done a little differently. Dreamboat Annie, Dog and butterfly, Alone, These dreams, Straight on, Barracuda, Love hurts.

Grond likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

STYX - Greatest Hits PT.II
    A few weaker tracks on this one, but also some solid hits that did not make vol. I. A must have for any real fan. Rockin' the paradise, Sing for the day, Snowblind, Borrowed time, Queen of spades, Superstars. For me the soundtrack for the summer of '81 was Styx-paradise theater and Rush-Moving pictures. Good memories.

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. ned

ned Valued Member

Rest in peace Peter Green, died last week. Founder member and one of ( if not the ) finest british guitarists ever.

15. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stone Free: A Jimi Hendrix Tribute - Various Artists
    Every track on this cd is great. I like the diversity of artists that contributed as well as the collaborations that took place. The Cure(Purple Haze), Buddy Guy(Red House), Body Count(Hey Joe), Jeff Beck/Seal(Manic Depression), Slash/Paul Rodgers/Band of Gypsy's(I Don't Live Today) The Pretenders(Bold As Love.

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. Grond

Grond Valued Member

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I remember when Body Count first came out, they were supposed to be the dawn of the end of civilization as we knew it, all because Ice-T decided to get a little more aggressive musically (wow, as if that was possible, but it was). 30 years later, nothing seems to have changed.

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Of all the covers of this song, I think this is my favorite.