What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Classic NOFX

2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

For some reason, living in NYS (Not NYC) all this Covid stuff is getting to me, with elderly relatives, a wife in health care (TCMA not ER staff) and having to go to work, and making the big mistake of watching the news and being reminded I have one of the underlying health issues that they are talking about (although it is so minor I forgot about it), it is getting to me...lost it today with a person who was spouting hoax, media and politics.... heard this song and for some reason, it relived the stress and agitation...and I am listening to it again now

Grond likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Based on the situation and the day....I am listening to this...and in my wife's office..in the Guan I use to teach in there is a huge painting of Chinese characters...... it is this poem....so...who wants to join me for some good ole fashion Chinese wine

Note: Do not confuse Old Chinese wine with Sake or wine...think more along the lines of Vodka...but tastes different

Grond likes this.
  5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Shooter Jennings - Electric Rodeo
    Was suppose to see Shooter exactly 2 weeks ago today...concert was cancelled that morning. While I understand the need to do that I ain't gonna lie...I was more than disappointed, ****ed off to be exact. I bought a few Shooter CD's and am coping best I can. This is a litter heavier than his first one, but still a nice blend of southern rock, Outlaw country, and twangy ballads. Gone to Carolina, Some rowdy women, Hair of the dog, Manifesto #2, Aviators.

6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Goo Goo Dolls - A Boy Named Goo
    Solid CD from a band hitting it's prime. Every track could have been a hit. Long way down, Naked, Name, Only one, Eyes wide open, Flat top.

7. Xue Sheng

Silence......spent they day at my desk in my basement working from home...and it is so nice and peaceful...no phone calls, no one showing u at my desk, no conversations about thing I have no desire to hear.....just the silence.......I needed this day

Anth likes this.
  8. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Shooter Jennings - Shooter
    Shooter's latest(2018) release. Nice blend of up-tempo, twangy ballads, and even an Eagles sound-alike song. Do you love Texas?, D.R.U.N.K., Fast horses & good hideouts, Denim & Diamonds.

9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Grand Funk Railroad - Grand Funk Hits
    Great classic American Rock. Grew up loving these guys' music, and I still do today. We're an American band, Bad time, The loco-motion, Some kind of wonderful, Sally.

10. Xue Sheng

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Anth likes this.
  11. Xue Sheng

Just came across this and I just have to share it

Grond and ned like this.
  12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

ned likes this.
  13. ned

ned Valued Member

Grond likes this.
  14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I'm glad we found this common wavelength to communicate on, Ned. I really did have a hard time being happy today, honestly.

ned likes this.
  15. ned

ned Valued Member

Grond likes this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Scott Stapp - The Great Divide
    Ex Creed frontman makes 2006 solo debut here. Scott seems to be a love him or hate him guy. I always enjoyed his singing/songs with Creed and find this solo effort to be a fine piece of work. Kudos to Scott as well as the musicians who play on this CD. Broken, Sublime, The great divide, Hard way, Justify. Every track is a winner on this one.

17. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

After learning to play some System of a Down on the bass at 2am this morning I've mellowed a bit with The Pianist soundtrack (so a lot of Chopin) while doing some housework. Need to totally chill before work though so now it's a Clutch playlist on Spotify.

18. IronMaiden1991

IronMaiden1991 Active Member

I saw these guys live at FireFest 10. Still love them.

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Steel Pulse - True Democracy
    Reggae legends at their finest on this 1982 release. Still one of my fave Reggae albums of all time. Chant a Psalm, A who responsible?, Blues dance raid, Your house, Man no sober. Making me long for warm weather and being able to congregate outdoors with friends.

20. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Great White - Latest and Greatest
    Part of the 80's hair metal scene these guys were one of the few that actually made some damn good rock and roll music. Rock me, Save all your love, House of broken love, Mista bone, Lady red light.