What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Gipsy Kings - Mosaique
    Great Rumba Flamenco music from legendary group. Evert track is a winner on this one.

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

some good old prodigy.

Grond likes this.
  3. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well for the moment nothing, but earlier I was listening to the incessant whining of folks getting a new PC with a new OS

4. Grond

Grond Valued Member

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

God Lives Underwater - Empty
    This 1995 release reflects what a lot of rock music was sounding like at that time. A heavy guitar with synth-indrustial mixed in(similar to nine inch nails, maybe tool) I played this Cd a lot when I first got it, still sounds pretty good. All wrong, Empty, 23, Weaken, No more love.

Grond likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Billy Squier - Don't Say No
    I remember this one coming out 1981, was in high school and you could hear this cassette blasting out of car stereos all around town. Huge break-out for Billy who would have a few few more biggies to follow. In the dark, The stroke, My kinda lover, Lonely is the night, Too daze gone.

Grond likes this.
  7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Alizee. Because sometimes French music helps me concentrate, because my brain doesn't try to process the words right away. (shrug)

8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Definitely on my top 10 guitarist and vocalist list. This is the kind of music that makes me feel like I'm 20 again, listening to classic rock stations.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

2nd that! The local "oldies" radio station, which means 70s and 80s, is my favorite when I'm driving.

Grond likes this.
  10. Xue Sheng

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Right now, a song that'll get any Iron Maiden fan headbanging - UFO's Doctor Doctor. For non-Maiden fans, it's Maiden's warm-up song at gigs and is amazing with thousands of other nutters singing along around you.

And because the new series of Westworld starts soon, I'm listening to the theme a lot while I learn it on guitar. Then they dropped the new trailer with a cover of Sweet Child O' Mine in.

Grond likes this.
  12. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Bruce Springsteen - Darkness On The Edge Of Town
    Bruce's 4th features solid hits, Prove it all night, Badlands, Adam raised a cain, The promised land. Also some darker ballads, Darkness on the edge of town, Something in the night, Candy's room.

Grond likes this.
  13. Xue Sheng

14. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Stabbing Westward - Wither Blister Burn And Peel
    Saw these guys open for Depeche Mode(and Primal Scream) around 1994, great concert. A couple of MTV vids from this one locked me in and really enjoyed blasting this cd back in the day. Sounds very mid-90's, blend of grunge/industrial/guitar rock. Don't Believe, Shame, What do I have to do, Inside you.

15. Xue Sheng

Right now...I'm listening to folks complain, whine, and talk themselves into fear and frenzy about Covid-19

16. Grond

Grond Valued Member

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Shooter Jennings - Put The "O" Back In Country
    Shooter shoots straight and hits the target on this 2005 debut. This is what real country music sounds like. I am getting pumped up for Friday night when Shooter is coming to town, let the whiskey flow and the boots hit the floor. Put the O back in country, 4th of July, Lonesome blues, Southern comfort, The letter, Sweet Savannah.

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Paul Stanley - Paul Stanley
    Maybe the best of the '78 KISS solo albums( Ace's was pretty good as well). like this as well as any KISS album and for straight ahead rock from that era of classic rock I would rate this pretty high. Really enjoyed listening to it the last couple of days. Move on, Ain't quite right, Hold me touch me, Love in chains. If you have'nt listened to Kiss in a while give this one a spin.

19. Xue Sheng

Well, since the coronavirus pandemic has everyone n panic mode

Anth likes this.
  20. Xue Sheng