What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Dave Koz and Friends - The 25th of December
    Tis the season, and no better way to kick it off than with some smooth Jazz Christmas grooves. Dave plays the Sax and is joined on most tracks by guest vocalists. Oh holy night(w/Jonathan Butler), Another silent night(w/Richard Marx), This Christmas(w/Eric Benet). Also Johnny Mathis, Fantasia, Gloria Estefan. A great Christmas CD.

aikiMac likes this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

3. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Christmas jazz of course!

4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

A Rock and Roll Christmas - Various Artists
    I remember the local radio station(98.5 KZAP) we listened to in high school use to play these songs every year during Christmas. Puts me in the spirit and brings back a lot of good memories. Step into Christmas(elton john), Silent night(elvin bishop), Christmas is the time to say I love you(billy squier), Father Christmas(the kinks), Merry Christmas baby(chuck berry).

5. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Snap - Attack(best of)
    Great club music from back in the day. The power, Rythm is a dancer, colour of love, Cult of snap. Whenever I hear "The Power" I cant help but flash to the opening sequence of "perfect Weapon" where Speakman does his kata.

Grond likes this.
  6. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ottmar Liebert-Christmas * Santa Fe
    Nouevo Flamenco Guitar great adds his unique stylings to Christmas classics. Deck the halls/Santa dancing, Silent night/Snow white, I saw three ships/Peace. If you enjoy instrumental Christmas music this is a great CD.

7. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Neil Diamond - The Christmas Album
    Legendary voice sings Christmas classics. Joy to the world, Winter wonderland, Away in a manger, Sleigh ride, I'll be home for Christmas

Grond and aikiMac like this.
  8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Wow, I have somehow missed that one. I'm going to look for it on YouTube. There are lots of great songs by lots of great bands, but viewed as a totality, Neil Diamond is my ATF.

Grond likes this.
  9. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Mannheim Steamroller - Christmas Live
    No one does Christmas like the Steamroller. I saw three ships, Silent Nacht, God rest ye merry gentlemen, Joy to the world.

10. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Elvis Presley - Elvis' Christmas
    The King does Christmas. Blue Christmas, Silent night, Here comes santa claus, I'll be home for Christmas.

11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

20 Christmas Stars VII - Various Artists
    Different country artists play original and traditional Christmas songs. Features Charlie Daniels, Asleep At The Wheel, Jesse Collin Young, Glen Campbell, and Willie Nelson.

12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

In the spirit of playing Christmas songs before Thanksgiving now, I've decided to listen to Gordon Lightfoot and other off season folk classics all holiday long. :)

13. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

20 Christmas Stars VI - Various Artists
    More country legends singing Yuletide faves. Loretta Lynn, Waylon Jennings, Mickey Gilley, Roy Clarki, and Crystal Gayle.

14. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

The Who

Grond likes this.
  15. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I forget how I found this, but it is ridiculously silly and I have been listening to it a lot this week.

hewho and Grond like this.
  16. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

So I Married An Axe Murderer - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Never saw the movie, but the soundtrack is really cool. Early 90's alternative rock(remember MTV alternative nation and 120 minutes). There she goes(the la's), Long day in the universe(the darling buds), Saturday night(ned's atomic dustbin), Two princes(spin doctors, Rush(B.A.D.II).

17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

18. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

19. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Sonic Youth - Experimental Jet Set, Thrash and No Star
    When this CD came out the song "Bull in the heather" was in heavy rotation on MTV (yes, they use to play music on MTV). I really liked that song so I bought the CD. It's O.K. nothing great but fun to listen to now and then. Bull in the heather, Sweet shine, Screaming skull, Tokyo eye.

20. hewho

hewho Valued Member

@Morik SEAGULLS!! It makes me laugh every time!

I'm listening to this on repeat currently: