What are you listening to RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Apr 1, 2003.

1. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana- -Shaman
    The 2nd of the "comeback" cd's featuring various collaborators. This is a great cd, one of the best I have in my collection. Nothing at all(w/Musiq), The game of love(w/Michelle Branch-love this girls voice), Feels like fie(w/Dido-an absolutely beautiful song), Why don't you and I(w/Chad Kroeger). Highly recommend this Cd.

Grond likes this.
  2. Grond

Grond Valued Member

wcrane likes this.
  3. Grond

Grond Valued Member

wcrane likes this.
  4. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Foreigner - Records
    10 classic hits from 4 classic albums. Foreigner made kick ass hard rock when it was cool to do so. Cold as ice, Double vision, Head games, Urgent, Dirty white boy.

Grond likes this.
  5. Grond

Grond Valued Member

wcrane likes this.
  6. Grond

Grond Valued Member

ned likes this.
  7. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

If Husker Du and Motorhead had a baby:

Dead_pool and Grond like this.
  8. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Thank you. Husker Du + Motorhead is so dead on. That whole album is worth reposting, because it I must have listened to this for weeks on end and haven't in at least 15 years. Damn good stuff, sir.

Nojon likes this.
  9. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Now you've got me in a mood..

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I've just discovered "the Donnas"

It's like kiss, acdc and the ramones all had sisters and they formed a band!

Grond likes this.
  11. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Rush - Feedback
    This EP was released to celebrate Rush's 30th anniversary. The only time they recorded any cover songs. These are some of the songs/bands they said inspired them. The seeker, Summertime blues, heart full of soul, Shapes of things, Mr. soul, Seven and seven is, For what it's worth, Crossroads. Sounds a little strange to hear Geddy singing someone else's words other than Neil Pearts, but overall a pretty good EP.

Grond likes this.
  12. Grond

Grond Valued Member

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

This whole album must have been the inspiration for Sucker Punch, a really great movie. B sides are always the best. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Meat Loaf.

Been a long time. I'd forgotten how good he was. Weirdest stage name, but, holy cow, that guy can sing!

I've long said, and I still think it's true, that his national anthem is the best I've ever heard before a sports game, because he didn't change it. He sang it the way it's supposed to be sung.

16. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Karaoke nightmare lol

17. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Santana - IV
    Most of the original line-up reunite for this amazing CD. Carlos(of course), Greg Rolie, Neil Schon, Michael Schrieve, and Michael Carabello, along with some others lay down some good jams. Really cool to hear these guys play together again after all these years. Forgiveness, You and I, Leave me alone, Blues magic/Echizo, Suenos. Check it out, if you haven't already

18. wcrane

wcrane Valued Member

Ruthie Foster - The truth according to Ruthie Foster
    A few years back I decided to beef up the Blues section of my CD collection. I had heard a song or two by Ruthie so I bought this Cd. I wouldn't call it Great, but defenitaly a good, solid collection of songs, sung well. Truth!, Love in the middle, Nickel and a nail, Tears of pain, Dues paid in full.

19. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Great sax. Unbelievable sax..

20. Grond

Grond Valued Member

My favorite musical of all time.

"For I am FFV
    The first family
    In the sovereign colony
    Of Virginia!

Yes, the FFV
    The oldest family